Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

TBH I was surprised Man City did not actively sell Alvarez during this window. I have nothing personal against him. It is the perfect timing to cash in this investment from a pure business perspective.

Alvarez is currently at his highest transfer value. The world cup winner advertisement effect will die down soon after the euro. He had a very G/A status last season but the efficiency went down significantly after KDB returned and Foden moved to a more central role. He is a world class 9 but he will never be world class at 10 or other roles.

If City gives him an extension and wage rise, we cannot sell him at a higher price during the coming windows.

I will wish him all the luck if City can sell him at a good price. It will also make rooms for other promising young players. And we won't rule out of buying another back up striker (if not this summer we can do it this winter).

I hope we sell him as long as the money is good, very good but will never be world class, stock is at an all time high.

In a market where we have to sell to spend, now is the time.

I still think he is staying for this season but we will probably move him on next summer.

TBH I was surprised Man City did not actively sell Alvarez during this window. I have nothing personal against him. It is the perfect timing to cash in this investment from a pure business perspective.

Alvarez is currently at his highest transfer value. The world cup winner advertisement effect will die down soon after the euro. He had a very G/A status last season but the efficiency went down significantly after KDB returned and Foden moved to a more central role. He is a world class 9 but he will never be world class at 10 or other roles.

If City gives him an extension and wage rise, we cannot sell him at a higher price during the coming windows.

I will wish him all the luck if City can sell him at a good price. It will also make rooms for other promising young players. And we won't rule out of buying another back up striker (if not this summer we can do it this winter).

Think we're willing to let him go but it's a case of there only being a handful of elite teams he'd move to and his availability not currently aligning with their needs. If we cant sell him this window it won't be the same as not selling Phillips and Cancelo where we'll be paying massive wages out and getting nothing out of them in return. He'll get plenty of minutes and make a decent contribution.

If it's true that we want 60m + add ons then that's a really good price for a player of his profile.

Selling Alvarez would be mad unless he really, really. REALLY wants to leave and goes full Cancelo. Which obviously he does not, according to his latest statement at least. In my opinion the whole thing is the product of media and his agent maybe.
Just for start, who is a player in the current market with all of his abilities and versatility who could replace him, for the similar money? That is the reason Pep was pissed off with this line of questioning, because he does not want to lose him, and that is the reason why Alvarez came out with that statement.

Man City is the only team according to media where players are supposed to leave after wining everything. Never heard it about any other team who were serious winners. We just need to accept (with some glee) we been living in their heads rent free and it is causing all this screaming&ranting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.