Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Almost every **** has said it at some point. Including legends like David Silva, Aguero and Kompany. Every player has a wobble when they aren't first choice. It is completely normal.
I would be more concerned if they did not

we do no need weak players

Alvarez wasn’t great last season yet still played in nearly very game. The lad can have no complaints about game time.

If thats honestly his attitude then see ya lad!
In fairness, he'd say he wasn't great because he often played out of position and when the big games arrived he wasn't ( rightfully) counted on.

I understand his reasoning. Alvarez his chasing greatness. Hence why he volunteered for the Olympics. He wants to win every possible title being an important member of the run.

If Argentina wins gold at the Olympics, he'd have completed his team accolades chase and now would want to focus on individual and the financial.

The financial part he can get staying with us, but in not so sure of the individual.

I get his angst. And to be honest, I feel similarly in the reverse. Unless there is a long-term injury to Erling ( which we all pray there isn't) he is a net neutral at City

On talent and ability, I won't play him ahead of Phil, Kev, Bernardo, Jack or Bobb at the 8/10 positions. It's a push between him and the like of Nunez and Lewis. That's how average I think he is as an 8/10. If play him ahead of those 2 for the goal threat, but id expect less possession and dynamism from the position.

On the wings the same. Doku, Bobb, Bernardo, Grealish, almost certainly Savinho ( even though we haven't seen him in the team yet), and Nunez. All I prefer.

He is only a preference for me as #9 or first sub when chasing a goal late.

Yet I agree he is too good to be limited to those roles. Best to let him go for someone more useless. And less disappointed in their role.

Moving quicker now this? I really hope we get someone in though, Olmo is Barca cant sign him?
personally would move for openda, high ceiling for this kid plus versatile, don't think he would agree to be the number 2 tho =(

They can agree with the player as much as they want. They need to cough up the asking price before he actually goes there.

Ask Ederson.

I presume they will given they likely know our price and have done for a while.

Might be unpopular but if we could get £70m for him, I'd snap their hands off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.