Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Be sad if he goes he clearly good now and scope to grow but it cannot be good for his ego being second choice and it must frustrate him. It isn’t changing anytime soon so feel it’s when and not if he goes. Hopefully we get another season out of him.

Alvarez is light years ahead of Jesus when it comes to finishing. And don't throw that miss at Wembley in because that was a rarity.
Not sure i agree with the last bit, i think his finishing is generally poor. The amount of times he finds himself in good positions only to lash the ball at the back of the stand is quite infuriating.

£70m would be the minimum I would be looking for in this market.

There are very few good number 9's in the game right now and Alvarez, whilst not Haaland or Kane, is in the tier below. That tier is the £60m-£100m strikers.

The problem we have with Alvarez is he is too good to be a number 2, it's why Pep so frequently played him as a 10 last season. Him being potentially up for a new challenge was always going to occur either this summer or next.
That's all? Rasmus Hojlund costed the Rags £72m when you factor in add-ons. The striker market is very dry, I think it would take at least £80m + add-ons just to get City to pick up the phone lol.

Alvarez is under contract until 2028, Premier League proven, trained under Pep Guardiola, and currently Argentina's starting #9. Getting only £70m for him would be fucking criminal.

I can't imagine we'd sell unless he has specifically asked to go. Young, under contract for a while, proven production and playing plenty of minutes

Difficult scenario as he isn't going to start regularly over Haaland, and it's unlikely our formation changes anytime soon. Regardless, IMO selling to a prem club for basically any amount would be the worst decision this ownership has made. Surely they're not that stupid

I just think Julian is better than Gabriel. Gabriel was a great player for us, but Julian is one level above, though. Just my opinion. No comparison as in I think Julian is way better, but obviously they can be compared in terms of style of play.
Different really. Both work their arses off. Alvarez is naturally a better finisher despite his finishing falling off a cliff somewhat towards the end of the season. Jesus is stronger and has a much better touch. Both very good back up strikers for a team at the very top. Both lack qualities to make them elite like an Aguero, Kane or Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.