Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Think he’s the most high profile first team squad member that we can afford to leave, Walker aside.

It’d depend on who we could replace him with that would be the crucial part.

A £70m book profit on him would open a lot of potential doors to transfers.

I think what was exposed in the Euros was Southgate’s tactical limitations not Phil’s footballing limitations. The ball was rarely retained in forward areas in any of our games, hence Phil ran more than anyone to try and get the ball. Add to that the failure of Judas Bellingham to pass the ball to him

Think he’s the most high profile first team squad member that we can afford to leave, Walker aside.

It’d depend on who we could replace him with that would be the crucial part.

A £70m book profit on him would open a lot of potential doors to transfers.
His replacement is a tricky question, would really need to be a striker but which striker would come knowing we had Haaland. If we replaced him with a midfielder then we'd be short if Haaland got injured with no real false 9 option.

Squad always needs a little shake up after title winning season, not to loose balance and motivation and hunger.

Alvarez is a great player, but the biggest issue has always been his first touch and therefore unconvincing dribbling with the ball, which leads to simple / stupid errors sometimes and missed chances.

Same story we experienced with Sterling btw.

I don't think he will ever improve that skill and therefore he won't ever be good enough to be a regular starter in this City team. We have Foden as n10 and Haaland as n9 for future, what can be said, we already have best possible options and they deserve it.

So I think it's time to get the money and move on, cause year-after-year his price will decrease.

We have Oscar Bobb incoming. Played False9, RW, N10 positions last year and did great job. Savio incoming and he will cover more for Bernardo (RW), so Oscar will be used centrally more I guess - False9, N10 whenever Foden, KDB or Haaland need rotation...

I think what was exposed in the Euros was Southgate’s tactical limitations not Phil’s footballing limitations. The ball was rarely retained in forward areas in any of our games, hence Phil ran more than anyone to try and get the ball. Add to that the failure of Judas Bellingham to pass the ball to him
Perhaps you are right but you should consider the possibility that Scaloni is getting more out of Julian than Guardiola.
Foden has won nothing with England.Julian the World Cup,Two Copa Américas and Finalissima with Argentina.He is now playing the Olimpics to add to all of those plus the Libertadores,Champions,Premier,Liga Argentina.
Foden outside of City?

His replacement is a tricky question, would really need to be a striker but which striker would come knowing we had Haaland. If we replaced him with a midfielder then we'd be short if Haaland got injured with no real false 9 option.
Foden, Bernardo and even Grealish have played false 9 before.

Alvarez is more of a false 9 than a fox in the box 9. A Musiala, Olmo type could probably do a false 9 job too.

I’d only really be entertaining selling Alvarez if the club knew who his replacement would be.

Foden, Bernardo and even Grealish have played false 9 before.

Alvarez is more of a false 9 than a fox in the box 9. A Musiala, Olmo type could probably do a false 9 job too.

I’d only really be entertaining selling Alvarez if the club knew who his replacement would be.

Bayern rumoured to be in for Olmo as well? Alvarez to A Madrid, Olmo to Bayern and Musiala to us would be nice!

Perhaps you are right but you should consider the possibility that Scaloni is getting more out of Julian than Guardiola.
Foden has won nothing with England.Julian the World Cup,Two Copa Américas and Finalissima with Argentina.He is now playing the Olimpics to add to all of those plus the Libertadores,Champions,Premier,Liga Argentina.
Foden outside of City?
England are shit, Argentina are decent. Neither is solely down to Foden or Alvarez. In my opinion to suggest that one player is responsible for a team of 11 being good or not is naive in the extreme

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.