Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Seems like more and more signs pointing towards Julian's departure. Bookmakers still have him more likely to stay than not, but getting closer to 50/50 each day. Reports growing in credibility with fees and such. Tolmie's comments, etc.

Can't be too mad if the Spanish lifestyle calls him name. He's won it all in England, and internationally - why not conquer another country?

One thing that I don't think people in here are looking at as a positive is that this opens up a massive hole in our attack that will likely intrigue some of our targets. Should be easier to persuade Musiala/whoever to push for the City move urgently if we can offer Julian's minutes to them as a minimum.

Julian is great. Ball-striking and work-rate of the highest tier. Unique profile for sure, but we can definitely replace him with other profiles and succeed.

Maybe his English language teacher will be looking for new students when he leaves? Dibs!

View attachment 125614
Like an unlatched gate in a storm

We can bring in someone who can play 'the other roles' far better than he does. But who might be slightly or greatly inferior to him as a backup striker to Erling.

I think an injury free Olmo, Wirtz, Musiala or Rodrygo are far superior matches for us than Alvy

Yes I agree about the AM roles the likelihood is they would all be superior but not sure how realistic getting one of those players is (except Olmo) and the cost could be prohibitive impacting on other transfer plans. Furthermore we have a number of options in those areas, but with Haaland if he got injured we would have no real back up option resulting in us having to play a different system without a striker.

To replace Alvarez ideally you would need someone who could fulfil a number of roles (including striker) to ensure the players gets enough game time to keep him settled and also to be good enough so our level does not drop significantly in the striker position.

Possibly Marcus Thuram or someone of that ilk although my preference would be to keep Alvarez as his ability to fulfil two roles is invaluable and although he had a poor end to the season he was a key player in the earlier months of the season.

Last edited:
You are here on Bluemoon making threats and acting all tough, it's laughable.

You said you would love Delap to be an understudy to Haaland and possibly our second striker, I said that doesn't make sense and you turned into some kind of Tony Soprano parody. Forgive me for laughing but it's a bit silly, isn't it?
I said I'd "love" Delap to be an understudy? When did I say that? I said that because it's very difficult to find someone OK with limited playing time while serving as an insurance policy it could have been a decent idea to keep Delap around. It seems that some other posters understood what I was saying.
I don't care if you disagree with me, that's normal on a forum obviously.

There's no need to be a wise guy. I didn't threaten anyone. I asked what makes you think it's OK to be disrespectful to me or anyone else for that matter. You could easily have just said my bad, we're good. I've done that on here several times. But you chose to double down like is the norm these days. What's silly is me thinking somebody would actually contemplate why they're slagging off strangers on a forum...

if atletico are in for olmo, ain't no way they can afford julian, likely will go for a cheaper option. also psg seems like going for osimhen, so that's it i guess, rules out both of the clubs .

I said I'd "love" Delap to be an understudy? When did I say that? I said that because it's very difficult to find someone OK with limited playing time while serving as an insurance policy it could have been a decent idea to keep Delap around. It seems that some other posters understood what I was saying.
I don't care if you disagree with me, that's normal on a forum obviously.

There's no need to be a wise guy. I didn't threaten anyone. I asked what makes you think it's OK to be disrespectful to me or anyone else for that matter. You could easily have just said my bad, we're good. I've done that on here several times. But you chose to double down like is the norm these days. What's silly is me thinking somebody would actually contemplate why they're slagging off strangers on a forum...
Apologies

if atletico are in for olmo, ain't no way they can afford julian, likely will go for a cheaper option. also psg seems like going for osimhen, so that's it i guess, rules out both of the clubs .

They cant afford Alvarez anyway mate!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.