Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

I acknowledge 99% of people don’t care about this, but I did once ask my dermatologist why so many athletes have poor skin (that is obviously something that can’t be addressed with soap). He said many of the best acne meds have significant side affects that he thinks elite athletes may want to avoid (and/or many be even disallowed by governing bodies).

Even if it wasn’t cruel to mention it regardless, it’s especially cruel if it’s something he doesn’t address so he can be a top performer for us.

Don't see an issue with Alvarez wanting to be the main man somewhere else. He's earned it, and even though he played a lot of minutes last season I don't see him getting as many this season. Feel like people are being purposefully obtuse and ignoring the fact that A) both Haaland and KDB missed significant time last season allowing Alvarez to play more and B) Pep was trying to shoehorn Alvarez into the midfield / winger role to keep him happy (which he clearly isn't good enough to play).

Just bring us a good transfer fee and then City can go and get Olmo as a replacement. Only problem I'll have is if we sell him for fucking peanuts this summer - we absolutely cannot get rinsed on this transfer or other clubs will try and take advantage of City going forward in the market. Should be getting at least around £75m for him with add-ons.

Hope he stays, but to be honest I would understand if he wants to leave. He knows he's never going to be first choice with Haaland here. So he'll either get spot starts, fill in when Haaaland is injured, or be forced into a different role - like this past season. Probably a bit all 3. Up to him to decide if it's best for him to move on and be first choice in his preferred position elsewhere, but I'd get it.

Although I see the comparisons, he's a better finisher than Jesus ever was and actually has the ability to stay onside too which is a plus. Hence why he'll get a move to a team that's established itself as challengers as opposed to one that is trying to get themselves there.
I agree he’s a better natural finisher than Jesus. His finishing fell off a cliff towards the end of last season but he’s certainly a good finisher. I actually prefer Jesus to him as a player, better touch strength and hold up play for me.

All about opinions but to me Jesus and Alvarez are on a similar level. Both very decent players but we’ve set the bar very high on the striker front since we’ve become successful. Tevez, Aguero and Haaland are elite and those 2 are a big step down on those 3. Happy if Alvarez ends up staying as back up but i don’t think he’ll be one we end up regretting too much if he goes.

Even if we do sell Alvarez and sign another top striker, he will have the same issues as Alvarez, he won’t get picked in-front of Haaland.

If we only have Haaland as a striker and he gets inured, we’re fucked.
We won the Premier League with a false 9 didn't we..... Or did I dream that ?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.