Alvarez leaving?

think it would be a mistake to let him go (and I know we dont stand in the way of letting players go who want to leave - but we could put a very high price on him (80m plus) that people will think twice about paying and might deter clubs)

He had 30 goal contributions last year - we are going to struggle to find someone to replace that and he definitely stepped up when Haaland wasnt fit and even though playing out of position he had a good season.....I know he aint KDB, Foden or Bernardo in midfield but he still played well.....Haaland will pick up injuries and we will need him

What we absolutely cannt do is sell him to someone in the prem league as he improves everyone (arsenal, Chelsea and the rest)

If Haaland will leave then we will be back tk square None. Keep him unless we have back up striker in mind down the line 2 years

£70m would be the minimum I would be looking for in this market.

There are very few good number 9's in the game right now and Alvarez, whilst not Haaland or Kane, is in the tier below. That tier is the £60m-£100m strikers.

The problem we have with Alvarez is he is too good to be a number 2, it's why Pep so frequently played him as a 10 last season. Him being potentially up for a new challenge was always going to occur either this summer or next.

If Haaland will leave then we will be back tk square None. Keep him unless we have back up striker in mind down the line 2 years

Where is Haaland going to go though?

Real Madrid won't pay the money we will demand for him and instead request he runs down his contract like Mbappe did. Haaland still has a good number of years left on his deal at City and at the bare minimum I think Haaland see's those years out at City.

think it would be a mistake to let him go (and I know we dont stand in the way of letting players go who want to leave - but we could put a very high price on him (80m plus) that people will think twice about paying and might deter clubs)

He had 30 goal contributions last year - we are going to struggle to find someone to replace that and he definitely stepped up when Haaland wasnt fit and even though playing out of position he had a good season.....I know he aint KDB, Foden or Bernardo in midfield but he still played well.....Haaland will pick up injuries and we will need him

What we absolutely cannt do is sell him to someone in the prem league as he improves everyone (arsenal, Chelsea and the rest)
What worries the most is we are losing goal scoring players and so far, we have not replaced Gundo and Mahrez goals and assists. KdB and Alvarez being potential departures, that would be 4 goal scorers lost in 2 seasons!
Whoever replaces them, need to be high G/A players and those aren't cheap!

Where is Haaland going to go though?

Real Madrid won't pay the money we will demand for him and instead request he runs down his contract like Mbappe did. Haaland still has a good number of years left on his deal at City and at the bare minimum I think Haaland see's those years out at City.
What happens if Haaland gets injured

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.