Alvarez replacement thread

Have been thinking about this and it's a difficult one. Bobb can play as second striker, Kev could be further up the pitch. But I can't shake this nagging feeling that we need someone who can finish chances.

So, a good finisher, a workhorse, who of course is or can quickly be very positionally aware in pep's system and won't mind a bit of bench time potentially.

Gundo?

When Haaland is out we could go with KDB or Bernardo up front. But we need to get Doku to be more of a scoring threat. Same with all of the team really. They all need to be more determined up front.

................Ederson...............
Akanji ..Dias Ake ..Gvardiol
..................Rodri..................
...........Foden Grealish.........
Savio ........KDB ...........Doku

Subs from:
Ortega
Lewis
Walker
Nunes
Bernardo
Kovacic
Bobb
McAtee

Have been thinking about this and it's a difficult one. Bobb can play as second striker, Kev could be further up the pitch. But I can't shake this nagging feeling that we need someone who can finish chances.

So, a good finisher, a workhorse, who of course is or can quickly be very positionally aware in pep's system and won't mind a bit of bench time potentially.

Gundo?

I keep wondering who the English version of Joselu could be.

Thinking someone who would mostly be sub, but able to step in for 20 mins or a match here and there.

I keep thinking of Callum Wilson. Has scored a goal every other game for Newcastle. Is 32, so not much chance left for trophies. And maybe a small fee would be enough to stop them having to sell Gordon.

Sure, there are better players, but he would tick some of the boxes.

Oscar Bobb - perfect replacement

Pep won't do it. It took 3 years for foden to go from winger to midfield. Bobb has been put on the right wing he's going to stay on the right wing, he won't be moved to striker or midfield until pep is comfortable with him there.

So we need a back up striker.

When Haaland is out we could go with KDB or Bernardo up front. But we need to get Doku to be more of a scoring threat. Same with all of the team really. They all need to be more determined up front.

................Ederson...............
Akanji ..Dias Ake ..Gvardiol
..................Rodri..................
...........Foden Grealish.........
Savio ........KDB ...........Doku

Subs from:
Ortega
Lewis
Walker
Nunes
Bernardo
Kovacic
Bobb
McAtee
To be fair Doku didn’t scored too many but in the league he got 13 goals/assists in the equivalent of 17 games last season, pretty good for first season under Pep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.