Alvarez replacement thread

Genuinely are people seriously taking the piss now?

Szmodics
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin
Mitrovic
Jonathan David
Hee Chan

Some of the players mentioned lately on here, FFS!

We are looking to win Premier League Titles, Champions Leagues ect Whilst some on here seem to be planning that the Premier League relegate us and the lads mentioned can get us back...
We're talking about players who may be willing to sit on the bench most of the season because we have the best goalscorer in world football up front...

and including Jonathan David in your list of "Championship players" is fuckin hilarious.

We're talking about players who may be willing to sit on the bench most of the season because we have the best goalscorer in world football up front...
Why would we be looking for players "willing to sit on the bench most of the season"?

Alvarez played more minutes than any other player last season, His problem was that he didn't start in the big games.

We'll be looking for a player who can contribute massively to the team throughout a long season with alot of games, So he will be just as important as any other player we have because Pep likes a small squad.

Plus who's to say we will be looking for a back up striker? He could bring in an attacking player that can play anywhere across the front three and play false 9 when needed.

and including Jonathan David in your list of "Championship players" is fuckin hilarious.
Have you watched Jonathan David? He's bang average.

The Championship was tongue in cheek, Not as hilarious as you hunting for players for the bench. Deary me.

Why would we be looking for players "willing to sit on the bench most of the season"?

Alvarez played more minutes than any other player last season, His problem was that he didn't start in the big games.

We'll be looking for a player who can contribute massively to the team throughout a long season with alot of games, So he will be just as important as any other player we have because Pep likes a small squad.

Plus who's to say we will be looking for a back up striker? He could bring in an attacking player that can play anywhere across the front three and play false 9 when needed.
Because KDB was out for most of the season and Álvarez was shoehorned intro midfield.

Buying somone who can play out wide and can do a job at false 9 would be entirely pointless. We already have Foden, de Bruyne, Bobb, Savinho, Bernardo, McAtee, Grealish who can do that.

Have you watched Jonathan David? He's bang average.

The Championship was tongue in cheek, Not as hilarious as you hunting for players for the bench. Deary me.
bang average with 59 goals in the last 2 seasons. By your logic we should spend £100m on a world class striker who'll throw their toys out of the pram by January because Haaland will pretty much start every game where fit.

Because KDB was out for most of the season and Álvarez was shoehorned intro midfield.

Buying somone who can play out wide and can do a job at false 9 would be entirely pointless. We already have Foden, de Bruyne, Bobb, Savinho, Bernardo, McAtee, Grealish who can do that.
KDB is 33 years of age, He's not going to play as much as he normally does next season, He's at a stage of his career which his minutes will be managed.

So you think buying someone who can play anywhere across the front line or a false 9 position is "pointless". Buy you also think we should be looking for a striker that's "willing to sit on the bench for most of the season"?

I don't see any logic to it.

A name of which you have mentioned was Haji Wright off Coventry, He was on the bench for Coventry last weekend in a 1-0 defeat away at Stoke.

KDB is 33 years of age, He's not going to play as much as he normally does next season, He's at a stage of his career which his minutes will be managed.

So you think buying someone who can play anywhere across the front line or a false 9 position is "pointless". Buy you also think we should be looking for a striker that's "willing to sit on the bench for most of the season"?

I don't see any logic to it.

A name of which you have mentioned was Haji Wright off Coventry, He was on the bench for Coventry last weekend in a 1-0 defeat away at Stoke.
It's only pointless if they are not a more effective striker than what we already have.

An out-and-out back-up striker would be of more use to us and wouldn't take minutes away from Oscar Bobb on the wing.

bang average with 59 goals in the last 2 seasons. By your logic we should spend £100m on a world class striker who'll throw their toys out of the pram by January because Haaland will pretty much start every game where fit.
David scored 19 Ligue 1 goals last season in 34 games.

Lacazette scored 19 in 29 games in Ligue 1 last season.

I don't know where you are getting "my logic" from also, I never mentioned we should buy a striker, I have mentioned we should buy an attacking player that can play in numerous positions, What's the point buying an out and out striker as he won't get minutes? Which is why we should buy a attacking player that's versatile.

David scored 19 Ligue 1 goals last season in 34 games.

Lacazette scored 19 in 29 games in Ligue 1 last season.

I don't know where you are getting "my logic" from also, I never mentioned we should buy a striker, I have mentioned we should buy an attacking player that can play in numerous positions, What's the point buying an out and out striker as he won't get minutes? Which is why we should buy a attacking player that's versatile.
A versatle centre-forward is definitely no out of the question, most of the players I and others suggested are versatile, and can play out wide but their best position is the one we need to fill, striker.

Honestly, if you want an attackingt midfielder who can do a job in the false 9 - why sign anyone at all?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.