Alvarez replacement thread

Gonna be no one it seems. Mistake as Haaland needs cover and defaulting to a false 9 is not out of choice but more so out of necessity in the absence of a true back up.

Yes, Arsenal won 2 nil. You can find match results on the PL website for future reference; you don't need to be asking silly questions here!!

He created two tap-ins that Watkins missed, would've gave Villa the lead twice. Gave the Arsenal defense the run around a couple times. Sounds like you didn't watch the match, or the pre-season, or Rogers ever?

Generally this means you can avoid commenting..

How much would he cost though? (Hang on I better do my research first before asking for fear of being publicly chastised).
:-)

Gonna be no one it seems. Mistake as Haaland needs cover and defaulting to a false 9 is not out of choice but more so out of necessity in the absence of a true back up.
Why does it seem that? I believe we need a second 9 and I also believe we will get one...it's possible we're waiting for Cancelo to be official and if Nunes were to go it may be someone higher up on the talent/price food chain.
Come Friday at the close of the window if we haven't addressed this I will be disappointed too. I'm not a fan of this false 9 plan as a back up to a true 9. If you're going with a false 9 system then fair play. We won the Prem that way. But we don't play that way anymore. Our not having a second 9 would be ridiculous. Bobb, Savinho, Foden, KDB, Bernardo, Grealish, Doku, Nunes, Gundogan and McAtee are not 9s, simple as...Alvarez may have struggled some as a 10, out wide, or as an 8 but let no one be mistaken. As a pure 9 he is levels above everyone I just mentioned...

Why does it seem that? I believe we need a second 9 and I also believe we will get one...it's possible we're waiting for Cancelo to be official and if Nunes were to go it may be someone higher up on the talent/price food chain.
Come Friday at the close of the window if we haven't addressed this I will be disappointed too. I'm not a fan of this false 9 plan as a back up to a true 9. If you're going with a false 9 system then fair play. We won the Prem that way. But we don't play that way anymore. Our not having a second 9 would be ridiculous. Bobb, Savinho, Foden, KDB, Bernardo, Grealish, Doku, Nunes, Gundogan and McAtee are not 9s, simple as...Alvarez may have struggled some as a 10, out wide, or as an 8 but let no one be mistaken. As a pure 9 he is levels above everyone I just mentioned...
Alvarez was not a 10 much less did he struggle as one. I'd've preferred he stayed as a 9 vs what we have at present. Im not bought in to the fallacy of playing a false nine. .. some appear to be but they avoid admitting it'd be played as the only option in absence of a back up.

And it's gonna coat us 20+million reasons to get someone else in! Would have loved to see him get some proper game time with us.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say I think Pep didn’t see him as a player, he’s a big unit who is not pressing material, and not particularly fast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.