Alvarez replacement thread

Like who ? Plus saying end of doesn’t make you right, I don’t mind which way the club decide go but those preferring false 9 have as much chance of being right as those wanting some or any back up striker.
In this case I am right. There's such a thing as a better, more logical plan. Explain to me how going to a false 9 is the BETTER option considering our current personnel and style of play. The better plan is to bring in someone who can step in for Haaland with minimal disruption to how we play. Who that is is a different matter altogether. Please explain why you think going to a false 9 is the best way to make up for a potential Haaland absence. I've at least given several reasons to support my opinion...

Probably more chance of being right but it's not really about that. I have seen a bunch of name thrown about since Alvarez went and I wouldn't fancy any of them leading our line for an extended period if Haaland is injured. I'd much prefer to go back to a false 9.
I don't want some random dickhead playing in the 9 role either. Who deputized for Haaland over the past 2 seasons? ALVAREZ. And when he played in the 9 we didn't skip a beat. Check his goal scoring record and the team's record during that time. Problem was he was so good in the role he wanted to play the lead elsewhere. So you bring in another guy hungry to win, make a name in a great squad, and learn under Pep. If he pans out as good as Alvarez or anywhere near that level in a couple years time and he wants to move on because hopefully Big Erl is here doing his thing you say ciao, adios and go again...

Is the kyogo talk dead then?

Might never have been anything in it tbf. Could have been nothing more than a 'Sam Lee and pub pals come up with a name for a podcast'. Or there could be more to it and the wait is for Celtic to sign a replacement from Crystal Palace once they sign one from Arsenal. Depends on how younread the tea leaves. Either way tea leaves is all there is to it at this point.

In this case I am right. There's such a thing as a better, more logical plan. Explain to me how going to a false 9 is the BETTER option considering our current personnel and style of play. The better plan is to bring in someone who can step in for Haaland with minimal disruption to how we play. Who that is is a different matter altogether. Please explain why you think going to a false 9 is the best way to make up for a potential Haaland absence. I've at least given several reasons to support my opinion...
Whether you are right remains to be seen, not for you to state. It’s not for me to say how Pep would set us up with a false 9 .
Pep will decide whether he want’s any old striker that might be made be made available to him or whether he’d prefer a false 9. I don’t presume to know what Pep prefers.
What I do know is if he doesn’t think any of the striker options available are good enough he’s more than capable of playing a false 9 system that works. He’s done it many times and won trophies with it. To doubt he could possibly make that choice is underestimating him and ignoring history.

Whether you are right remains to be seen, not for you to state. It’s not for me to say how Pep would set us up with a false 9 .
Pep will decide whether he want’s any old striker that might be made be made available to him or whether he’d prefer a false 9. I don’t presume to know what Pep prefers.
What I do know is if he doesn’t think any of the striker options available are good enough he’s more than capable of playing a false 9 system that works. He’s done it many times and won trophies with it. To doubt he could possibly make that choice is underestimating him and ignoring history.
I'm not underestimating Pep one bit. If you want the man to work harder and have to come up with another new plan that's your prerogative. And, yes, it's a NEW plan. He's won with a conventional #9 and he's won with a false 9 system. He hasn't jumped back and forth on a normal basis within the course of a campaign. But hey, if that's what you believe we need to do then so be it. I'd prefer we bring in a true 9 to supplement what we have, simple as...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.