Alvarez replacement thread

I'm not trying to disrespect you. This is one I'm just not good with. The old Pep will figure something out just isn't working for me on this one. I'm normally strongly supportive of the club's positions based mainly on the fact that they get it right so many times. Our record speaks for itself. I also happen to agree with their decisions on an organic level as well, meaning it's what I would do, not that that matters. If we don't replace Alvarez' role as Haaland's deputy I think it's a mistake. I hope we get someone and if we don't I hope I'm proven wrong. That would mean we win when Haaland is not available, don't lose the league if he misses time and we drop too many points, and challenge Real Madrid for the CL title...the having an Alvarez to back up Haaland plan has already worked. That's what I'd be looking to mimic...
A random “someone” who is a 9 vs Foden playing as a 9

Foden for me. He’s better than most out there.

Might be on my own here but I think Gundogan is that Alvarez replacement. He essentially played as striker when he was in that false 9 role, he’s scored lots of important goals, he’s fantastic in the box and if his movement has slowed down with age, he’s better around the box anyway.

Mcatee staying, Bernie moving centrally and Kev looking fit probably means there’s less room in midfield anyway. If we can manage Haaland, I think we’ll be fine.
Think you're right. Pep even said last week it's one of the positions Gundo is good at.

I'm not trying to disrespect you. This is one I'm just not good with. The old Pep will figure something out just isn't working for me on this one. I'm normally strongly supportive of the club's positions based mainly on the fact that they get it right so many times. Our record speaks for itself. I also happen to agree with their decisions on an organic level as well, meaning it's what I would do, not that that matters. If we don't replace Alvarez' role as Haaland's deputy I think it's a mistake. I hope we get someone and if we don't I hope I'm proven wrong. That would mean we win when Haaland is not available, don't lose the league if he misses time and we drop too many points, and challenge Real Madrid for the CL title...the having an Alvarez to back up Haaland plan has already worked. That's what I'd be looking to mimic...
You are just setting yourself up to come back in and say "I told you so".

The club have an army of scouts, analysts, coaches and Pep himself. If they haven't identified someone to go for then that is what we will do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.