Am I the greatest Stone Roses fan on the forum?

So, am I the only one who thinks (most of) the 'Second Coming' is better than the first album? For example, the first track on 2nd, after a five year wait, has 5 agonising minutes of jungle(?) noises before unleashing a bass line that is as good as anything they ever did. In places they were like a funky Led Zep - and I'm not keen on Zep. Love the first album, but love the second more!

Watch it, I said that once and got pelters from people for that.

I agree second coming is as good as the stones roses am dsome songs better.

Iam browns solo stuff is also good.

On the Oasis thing, different bands for different times, The Roses were the perfect band for that moment, Oasis fit nicelywith the cool britaniaand vibe of the mid 90s.

The fact you had better bands in the same genre than either at the time of each goes without saying, but these two captured the public attention more

Watch it, I said that once and got pelters from people for that.

I agree second coming is as good as the stones roses am dsome songs better.

Iam browns solo stuff is also good.

On the Oasis thing, different bands for different times, The Roses were the perfect band for that moment, Oasis fit nicelywith the cool britaniaand vibe of the mid 90s.

The fact you had better bands in the same genre than either at the time of each goes without saying, but these two captured the public attention more
Ripples is a fantastic album in my opinion, from chaos to harmony is ian browns final goodbye to the roses, very emotional.

It’s too commercial. Noel ripped off numerous bands and the record was designed to make money. Music is an art form. Look at the state of Be Here Now (unlistenable), SOTSOG or Heathen Chemistry. You never hear people singing Gas Panic.

but you do hear people singing Little by Little.

it’s not as raw as Definitely Maybe but What’s the Story is definitely a more mature album with probably better songs.

There’s a reason it did so well and thousands of kids still sing it’s songs.

Bit of a stone roses trivia test for fans. Who said this about who...

He is a socially inept outcast, really strange fella. I tried engaging in convo but he didn't like me, his squirming pathetic body language gave it away.

I was talking to ************** and his Mrs having the craic and ******** just kept looking over and staring. When either myself or ********noticed he sheepishly turned away. I really couldn't work out whether he wanted to bum me or kill me. Put it this way, I wouldn't of liked him to have babysat my daughters when they were young

Bit of a stone roses trivia test for fans. Who said this about who...

He is a socially inept outcast, really strange fella. I tried engaging in convo but he didn't like me, his squirming pathetic body language gave it away.

I was talking to ************** and his Mrs having the craic and ******** just kept looking over and staring. When either myself or ********noticed he sheepishly turned away. I really couldn't work out whether he wanted to bum me or kill me. Put it this way, I wouldn't of liked him to have babysat my daughters when they were young
Were they talking about Reni?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.