Am I the only one worried about the Dippers?

bluenova

Ok. I know you're desperate to launch in with YES! replies, but...

The years with all that Big Four stuff were sh*t. Every season we started knowing that we had no chance of getting anywhere near the league title, and we'd dream of hitting sixth or seventh, and maybe a good run in the cup (also won every year by a Big Four team).

When we were taken over, Everton were looking to be heading upwards, Villa looked like they had some serious money, Spurs had a renaissance and had their sights on a shiny new stadium. Arsenal had the Emirates starting to look like a money spinner. Both dippers were looking at big new stadia. Once you get 8 big clubs who can take points off each other then the league becomes much more open and exciting.

....But....now, we've got Villa's owner tightening the purse strings, and both Dippers in deep trouble.

On the surface it's always enjoyable to see rivals doing badly, and I wouldn't mind winning the odd Champions League before things are evened out....but it's conceivable that soon it'll be us, Chelsea and the rags as the only teams able to compete for the title.

I desperately want us to win every competition we enter, but I'd love to start a season soon where there are 6-8 clubs who could win the league (we'd still be favourites - I'm not a masochist!).

Any other idealists out there?

Someones got to be one place behind us and I'm quite happy for it to be them.
I know a lot of their fans and enjoy chatting to them and it would be a sad day for English football if they were relegated or went into admin.

No, not with you on the Liverpool thing. Yes, their fans (in my experience) are generally a decent lot but they started all this, being at the forefront of clubs keeping all their gate receipts; in being at the forefront of Premier League starting up and creaming in all that sky money, at the forefront of that group of clubs that tried to carve Europe up amongst themselves in the Champions League, All of this suggest they are a club that have not only been interested in themselves and not the general good of football, but that they have actively tried to make things difficult for other clubs to access the money that has come into football in the last 30 years. So, in a word, fuck them, I hope they go out of business (along with their mates at the swamp).

I would not rule out Arsenal any time soon. Pre-season I was tipping them to win it and if it were not for their *terrible* injury list, I might still do so. But they have the best manager in the league (yes, he is) with an ability to spot and nurture talent that is unparalleled. They will always be a force whilst he is in charge.

Deepest Blue said:
it would be a sad day for English football if they were relegated or went into admin.

What a load of sentimental shit. The dippers were once a mid table second tier club before huge investment by the Moores. That's part of their history they don't like to brag about though.

Every team has it's day in the sun and Liverpool's has lasted longer than most. I for one will be laughing my bollocks off, if and when they get relegated.

Horrible club with horrible fans. I'm sure their lovely history will be a comfort to the heroes of Heysel through the troubled times.

are you serious, was they worried about us when we were in the old div 2,

its our fault by the way

Deepest Blue said:
Someones got to be one place behind us and I'm quite happy for it to be them.
I know a lot of their fans and enjoy chatting to them and it would be a sad day for English football if they were relegated or went into admin.

but it's ok for little old city to go down? what a load of shite. why would it be sad for english football? was you sad when wednesday went down again last year? do you despair at the mess notts county got themselves in? are you gutted that leeds suffered for their dreams? what makes liverpool special?

I might agree if the league had been open recently and not dominated by three wealthy clubs since the formation of the PL with the only exception being Blackburn managing to bankroll a team to success 15 long years ago

I might agree if Liverpool were one of those clubs

I might agree if Littlewoods hadn't bankrolled Liverpool to success in the 70/80's when the football pools was still huge before they decided that money was a bad thing in football (coincidentally when the pools dried up)

I might agree if Liverpool hadn't spent a decade in the lower division wilderness in the fifties and have therefore proven that they are equipped to exist at that level in any case

Nothing has changed as far as very recent history is concerned. 3 clubs might win the title at the beginning of each season. Now it's 4 which can only be a good thing.

Liverpool have no 'right' to be anywhere other than where they are.

bluemoonno1 said:
are you serious, was they worried about us when we were in the old div 2,

its our fault by the way

this is my view point as far back as i can remember i don't remember anybody giving a shit about were we ended up!

we have been waiting a bloody long time for our time to come were we are proper contenders for the title and long my it continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.