Amazed at the lack of activity

Honestly I don't think the owners are that bothered about this weekends match, doubt they have the sense of urgency us fans do. These are just some very rich guys who have bought a football team - they don't have Manchester City in their minds around the clock like we do. :) They do however want to make it the best team in the land and all the world, preferably for them before January is over, but still it is more long term for them. That's the way I see it anyway.

Chippy said:
I never said anything about world class players did i?
How hard is it to master the 'quote' button?

We've signed a LB (one of our highest priorities). The transfer window has been open 1 week. We're near the bottom of the league, out of both cups, not in Europe next season and everyone in football knows we have almost unlimited funds so fees and wage demands will be astronomical.
Anyone with an ounce of business sense can figure out that it will be somewhat tricky to make a deal under those conditions, at a time of year when few big transfers ever happen. More tricky, say, than in a video game.
Patience, girls.

with respect, if we are already planning on the assumption of not being in Europe next year, then we are f****d.

Surely our plans MUST include UEFA qualification next year. We are currently 6/10 points of of 7/6 place and possible qualification. This should be achievable (current form highly unlikely) all the more reason, why things need changing, and 3 points from Portsmouth are vital. Equally, long term ambitions should hint at urgency over getting improvements in and gaining as many points as possible in January. Hesitancy over signings, could well result in extra points dropped this month, and that ultimately could well be the difference between qualifying for Europe, and missing out.

Stating the obvious, summer strengthening would be greatly enhanced by Euro qualification, so get your finger out City, because, can anybody see the "team" humiliated by Forest winning at Portsmouth, or indeed any of January`s games?

Theo555 said:
ADUG have made their ton of money through good business sense and practice. I am amazed how badly the club is handling this transfer window.
We need new players in ASAP and that is obvious - we have another 3 points up for grabs on Saturday with Bridge in and Ireland/SWP out. Having been humiliated with the performance on Saturday surely the board realise that we must get new players in quickly?

Real Madrid signed 2 players quickly and had it all sorted out for January 1st - why didnt we?
I hope we beat Pompey but does anyone here really expect it? We only have 1 away win all bloody season!

We have the money - Hughes in or out we have to buy before Saturday!!

Isn't it obvious?????

Comedy gold coming from the person who claims to have been informed by AJAY about the name of the player who passed a medical and who we struck a deal with two days ago.

This to me proves even further that both you and AJAY know two things... Jack and shit.... and Jack left town.

I would suspect at least 2 or three more to come in during January.

We don't want players who will not improve the team and given a choice of the likes of Bellamy or nothing I would take nothing at this stage.

Its difficult at the moment because were we are in the table.

Lets just hope Hughes assuming he lasts a while longer and the players we have get there act together often enough to steer us out of trouble.

Sounds obvious and doesn't give the fans who want superstars for some reason here and now at lot to chew the fat over but its all we have I am afraid.

avoidconfusion said:
Theo555 said:
ADUG have made their ton of money through good business sense and practice. I am amazed how badly the club is handling this transfer window.
We need new players in ASAP and that is obvious - we have another 3 points up for grabs on Saturday with Bridge in and Ireland/SWP out. Having been humiliated with the performance on Saturday surely the board realise that we must get new players in quickly?

Real Madrid signed 2 players quickly and had it all sorted out for January 1st - why didnt we?
I hope we beat Pompey but does anyone here really expect it? We only have 1 away win all bloody season!

We have the money - Hughes in or out we have to buy before Saturday!!

Isn't it obvious?????

Comedy gold coming from the person who claims to have been informed by AJAY about the name of the player who passed a medical and who we struck a deal with two days ago.

This to me proves even further that both you and AJAY know two things... Jack and shit.... and Jack left town.

I dont know anything about players coming in - yes i was given information by Ajay which has not happened - yet i have never claimed to knowing exact and solid information.
However, if you read the post you will understand that what you have said is not in line to what we are discussing so try and keep up next time...

I think the lack of activity may be down to the fact that players aren't so enthusiastic about Hughes. We saw how Sven could attract players, but in my mind, Hughes isn't in the same league as Svennis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.