Ambulance Response Times

Ambulance service is fucked, every twat who phones up is entitled to an ambulance and therein lies the problem, the amount of lazy fuckwits who could make their own way to a doctor or A&E phones 999, stubbed toe, headache etc. A&E just can’t process them quick enough, the NHS has shot loads of money but is just mis managed, my wife has worked for them in an admin role for around 4 years, in that time they’ve had 3 reviews and pissing about of job roles, departments etc, how many man hours and cost does that take up, some new manager comes in creates chaos spends loads restructuring and then fucks off and then it begins again.

Arseholes calling ambulances for this, that and the other hasn't really changed in 20 odd years.

It's the lack of NHS staff to contend with the idiots, as well as genuine patients, that exacerbates the issue. The NHS is really under a microscope with the incredibly stupid and deep lack of foresight the Gov have forced upon our society, but next voting cycle, they'll skirt the issue and people will forget again the lies they're sold.

Rinse and repeat.

So many new build estates going up everywhere but without new GP surgeries and dentists to match it.

Asked for a Drs appointment on the 10th of March, ended up being the 23rd of March before I spoke to them.

Plenty of substance abuse and pisscans stuck in A&E most nights doesn't help either.

Populations grow.

Gov infrastructure and appropriate jobs go with it.

Not a 'population' issue.
Hospital waiting lists get longer, school classrooms getting larger. Motorways getting more and more congested. Cities and towns getting more and more congested, Housing getting scarcer and scarcer and ambulance waiting times getting longer. So in my humble opinion it quite clearly is a population issue.

Hospital waiting lists get longer, school classrooms getting larger. Motorways getting more and more congested. Cities and towns getting more and more congested, Housing getting scarcer and scarcer and ambulance waiting times getting longer. So in my humble opinion it quite clearly is a population issue.

I understand your view and agree with on it on the face of it, but one can't expect to live in a spot designed for a specific amount of people and expect the original resource not to become scarce once more people are added.

"It's not a population issue" was just showing you, as others have pointed out since, that you can't allow growth without adjusting for that growth. Something the Gov has ignored because it 'costs money'. This is THE most idiotic incompetent Gov I've ever witnessed.

Next, we'll be hearing "Britain is Full" again and we'll see the blaming of certain cultures along with it...

You're wrong. If your population goes up you spend money and open more facilities. Higher population is more people paying tax, there is no excuse for neglecting our public health service.

I understand your view and agree with on it on the face of it, but one can't expect to live in a spot designed for a specific amount of people and expect the original resource not to become scarce once more people are added.

"It's not a population issue" was just showing you, as others have pointed out since, that you can't allow growth without adjusting for that growth. Something the Gov has ignored because it 'costs money'. This is THE most idiotic incompetent Gov I've ever witnessed.

Next, we'll be hearing "Britain is Full" again and we'll see the blaming of certain cultures along with it...
Absolutely spot on about the government and your argument is not without substance.

@mosssideblue firstly I'm glad you're okay. Unfortunately I encountered our ambulance service in the early hours of last Saturday, or rather I didn't but did encounter how frustratingly awful it is.

I went for a drink on Friday night, came home and went to bed. I woke up in the early hours busting to go to the toilet. Nothing. Not a trickle. I was in shock. I do have bph which sometimes makes for a weak flow but nothing like this. I was in agony, increasing by the minute and rang 999, after straining and crying out in pain for some time. After having to go through the call handlers checklist she said, "We're advising waiting times of a minimum of four hours." I told her no way could I wait that long I was in agony, felt dizzy and living alone was scared I might pass out. After much going back and forth and three phone calls they called me a taxi, which although local took ages to get there too and two calls to chase them up. This was just after 5am so no idea how they were so busy.

Missing out the gory hospital details I'm being discharged and waiting for my antibiotics when my phone rang. "Hello, it's the ambulance, we're outside your property now, are you able to make your own way out?" It was 11:30 am!!
I have this, enlarged prostrate. My doctor said if this happens you need to get to A & E sharpish. Glad you ok. My worst niggtmare.

I have this, enlarged prostrate. My doctor said if this happens you need to get to A & E sharpish. Glad you ok. My worst niggtmare.

It's never happened before it was both frightening and very painful. It didn't help that I'd been for a drink the night before I guess. I remember going to the toilet in the pub and my flow was slow as normal but no alarm bells. Perhaps the volume of liquid retained due to drinking had put too much pressure on and blocked it's escape. I don't know. I do know once they got a catheter in eventually that 1-1/2 litres of liquid came out almost immediately.

Asked for a Drs appointment on the 10th of March, ended up being the 23rd of March before I spoke to them.
My wife has been trying to get a doctor just to speak to since November, they're phoning her on Monday.

Our surgery doesn't see anyone any more, hasn't since covid started. We're told to phone at 8am, do that, and you are number 30 in the queue already, that takes until midday at least, and they no longer have any (phone) appointments left "today", she's done this about 20 times, same every time, so in late January she just said "well give me the next appointment possible", she was told OK we can phone you on March 28th, 2 months !

In the mean time, she had an appointment for a chest x-ray at the local hospital, the person she saw was so concerned with her condition, that she said go to A&E, so she walked there, got a bollocking off a nurse for not having "booked", but they did see her, and the doctor she saw prescribed something she should have got back in November, she's pretty much back to normal again now, but still has the appointment on Monday, and has many questions to ask.

My main one would be "what the fuck do you actually do there", so it's as well it's not me they're phoning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.