American Based blues/Baseball fans

OxBlue

I'm off to San Fran in the summer with work, last time it was football season so watched the 49ers, this time we're going to see the Baseball team Giants, so

How long does a game last?

Can I booze during the game same as NFL?

Do they have trailer parties/BBQ's before hand like NFL?

anything else worth knowing about the whole thing?

Cheers

OxBlue

great town!!! why not go to oakland and catch the A`s?!!!

i think football is different... fans included. i am sure there would be a few baseball fans that "like to party...do you like to party?" ;)

Cant really say ive seen "tailgate parties" at baseball games. Most would go to bars for food and drink before the game. Yes you can drink during the games, people come around with stuff so you dont have to leave your seat. You can take your own food and drink in too which we did especially on day games, this can save you a pile.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
MATCITY said:
you're looking at about 3+ hours for a game

How much of that is actually rounders,and how much is adverts/eating/beer/adverts/eating/beer and adverts?

Don't worry, as long as they let me drink beer while eating and watching adverts, I should be OK

beer/beer/beer/beer/beer/beer and beer?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
MATCITY said:
you're looking at about 3+ hours for a game

How much of that is actually rounders,and how much is adverts/eating/beer/adverts/eating/beer and adverts?

Baseball is pretty much non stop apart from changing round after an innings

Non stop, just hardly anyone hitting the bloody ball!

I've not been to a game yet (don't particularly want too, just refuse to shout ''Go Sox'' at the Red Sox (the colour being the main issue!!!) but looked at taking my step lad to a game. The ticket sales are different here. All the games go on sale at the same time before the season starts, so for every Saturday game the cheap seats had gone. Cheapest available were around £70 - £80..... so didn't bother.

The difference between watching the Red Sox and The New England Patriots (pre game drinks wise) is the Patriots stadium is in the middle of nowhere about 30 - 40 mins by car from Boston. Think of the Reebok but 3 times as far from Bolton town centre and without the retail park next to it. You can only get there by car - no train station.

The Red Sox's Fenway Park is similar to Maine Road, right in the middle of a residential area (but think more Didsbury than Moss Side!) with lots of baseball themed bars surrounding the stadium. There's a local train station right next to the stadium too (on my line actually!)
There's a great gig venue next to it (The House Of Blues) which I have been to and been in a few bars before the gigs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.