American Based blues/Baseball fans

I used to go to tons of Milwaukee Brewers games as a kid. In Milwaukee anyways there's a huge tailgating party in the parking lot beforehand, but again that's pretty much a Wisconsin/Midwest tradition, so I'm not sure if they do it on the coasts. Games can last from anywhere between 2 and 5 hours if it goes into extra innings due to a tie after 9 innings. Inside the ground there is plenty of beer normally priced from $7-10. Be aware though they will probably stop alcohol sales around the 7th inning, so stock up by then! Good luck.

get to a double header ( 2 games played consecutively)

you could then enjoy 6-8 hours of baseball!!

There won't be as much tailgating as an NFL game but if you go to a big baseball town or a good game there will be tailgating for a few hours.

You can get beer throughout the game for sure, although they might stop serving near the end.

Game time will vary, if theres a good pitcher going that day it will be much shorter but it will be around 3 hours

Have fun! I love going to a good ball game. Beer, hot dogs, and a good game of ball on a nice summer day mmm doesn't get much better then that

Were you the bloke looking for people to tailgate with in san fran?? I take it you found a nice tailgate party then.

Not much tailgating at baseball games. The stadium is right near the bay. I think there are bars in the area. The one time a good mate of mine came to New York I took him to see the Mets. he was AMAZED that they had blokes walking around with trays of beer. They actually BRING it to YOU!!!! He couldnt get over that!

Minor league games are fun and a hell of a lot cheaper. A buddy and I go in New York every summer. Its a good night out and the setting is beautiful even though its in Staten Island!!

Frank the Yank said:
Were you the bloke looking for people to tailgate with in san fran?? I take it you found a nice tailgate party then.

Not much tailgating at baseball games. The stadium is right near the bay. I think there are bars in the area. The one time a good mate of mine came to New York I took him to see the Mets. he was AMAZED that they had blokes walking around with trays of beer. They actually BRING it to YOU!!!! He couldnt get over that!

Minor league games are fun and a hell of a lot cheaper. A buddy and I go in New York every summer. Its a good night out and the setting is beautiful even though its in Staten Island!!

Yeah strangely English themed bar across the road from the Stadium. I went there on 9/11 anniversary day. Ended up crying like a baby. Lol soppy fucker that i am

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Frank the Yank said:

Yeah strangely English themed bar across the road from the Stadium. I went there on 9/11 anniversary day. Ended up crying like a baby. Lol soppy fucker that i am

I was that bloke, really enjoyed the day out at the football, but as we're going in the summer this year it's going to be Baseball, SF Giants V's Astro's or something.

The blokes bringing the trays of beers sounds good, it was a real pain in the 49ers stadium getting a round in, as they only allowed two drinks per ID so had to go up in groups to get them in.

OxBlue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Frank the Yank said:

I was that bloke, really enjoyed the day out at the football, but as we're going in the summer this year it's going to be Baseball, SF Giants V's Astro's or something.

The blokes bringing the trays of beers sounds good, it was a real pain in the 49ers stadium getting a round in, as they only allowed two drinks per ID so had to go up in groups to get them in.
i heard a story on telly showing a game.english lad goes to bar and the concerned girl behind the bar tells him thats his 4th drink.its ok he says.im english

exileindevon said:
OxBlue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

i heard a story on telly showing a game.english lad goes to bar and the concerned girl behind the bar tells him thats his 4th drink.its ok he says.im english

It was a bit like that over there. They're were some Americans with us and they were just no used to that sort of drinking at sports, about 9 pints per person during the 3 hour game and a couple of bottles before hand. Although one of the guys did part with nearly $300 for a replica top for him and his lad (don't mix booze and credit cards.)

Been to see a couple of Giants games, good day out but nothing like a football game - there are that many baseball regular season games that you don't get too big a crowd.

No probs on beer front due to smaller crowd, easy to get bladdered.

Can someone explain what a "tailgateting" party is? Never been to america but love reading these threads about different places

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.