American Blues

citysky

hey guys, i made this thread just to see what kind of support there is for city in usa, and where bout all of you are located.
i also would like to know if any of you are going to city vs inter game in baltimore.

i myself originally from new york but currently residing in north carolina

im not american but can i just say hi to all american city supporters. you have made the right choice!

I'm in annapolis myself, and know a few other Blues in the Baltimore area.
I'll be there for the Inter match.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:40 am --<br /><br />
davymcfc said:
you have made the right choice!

Indeed. Me and a friend chose City the summer before Thaksin's season in charge, and I can honestly say now that I follow City with more passion than any of the American sports teams I follow. If they lose on Saturday morning, it puts me in a sour mood for the rest of the weekend.

I also hate the rags more than I've hated any other rival team in the past.

davymcfc said:
im not american but can i just say hi to all american city supporters. you have made the right choice!

indeed.
i loved city since the day i hated the rags. its my hate for the rags that brought me closer to city and than i started to get familiar with the team, now i couldnt miss anything about city.
the first thing i do every morning, is check if there is any new news about city.
and last season, the games usually were at 7:30am, but it never bothered me. if it was anything else, i would never get up that early, even for my job lol i was always late, but not for the game :D

i dont know if you know any rags personally but take it from me, united have probably the most arrogant fans going. its quite excited seeing our fanbase get bigger over there as i think football "soccer" is beginning to really catch on in the u.s.

davymcfc said:
i dont know if you know any rags personally but take it from me, united have probably the most arrogant fans going. its quite excited seeing our fanbase get bigger over there as i think football "soccer" is beginning to really catch on in the u.s.

well i am originally from europe(not english), i just moved to usa a while back, and one thing i hate, is when people refer to football as "soccer"

as for the rag fans, i know plenty and i just wana beat their face in. i talk shit to them all the time now. recent comment that i told a rag fan was. "when you sign some class players that come to me", referring to his comment "when you win some trophies come to me". i always tell them, rags cant even afford to buy socks for their team lol
football is really picking up fast in the states, and i love it cuz i get to shit on american eggball, and baseball fans lol

Originally from 'Dear Old Blighty' and a born-n-bred Manc!

Now living just outside of Atlanta (have been over here 10 years this year!) there are quite a few Blues here and we are all getting together, of course, for the momentus game next week at The Dome - we are still pinching ourselves that our beloved Blues will be in town!!

what happened to brucie bonus?high profile u.s. city fan,not been around for a while now

Texan here. The Dallas-Ft Worth area was a major soccer hotbed in the 70's and 80's while I was growing up - played year round with club and school in leagues and tournies. I played a little like Gareth Barry - defensive-minded with good vision and touch but a little unathletic in the speed and jumping dept.

Never followed world soccer closely until last fall when I decided to pick a team and learn the EPL/Euro scene. Picked City because it was Noel Gallagher's favorite team - I get a kick out of his interviews and music. Craig Bellamy gets a little credit, too, for the way he marauds his enemies. Had no idea when I chose City that they had just become the richest team in the world - ha, lucky me! My fellow US EPL fans denounced my choice [usual reasons] but it has been BIG FUN following the team since last fall, lurking Blue Moon and visiting the MCFC homepage daily. This is my first summer transfer go-round and it's been nuts following the rumors and acquisitions.

P2P online streaming makes it possible to see every game and all the highlights. Doubt if I could maintain my growing City passion without it. Nobody pull the plug, ok?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.