Aminu Mohammed

I would agree if it wouldn't be repeated on pretty much any thread that has no connection with youngsters. He's bit obsesses with bringing the kids up, tbh.
You said he was boring, which is unfair. I find things he posts about the academy players pretty good, and much more informative than most of the drivel posted on this forum, blue moon forum and the match day forum, by lots and lots of other posters. It's not all about the first team and shedding millions on fantasy football.

I just don't understand the attitude some people have, it really annoys me. The goal is not for every single kid we sign to one day play for the first team. That would be utterly ridiculous.

What matters is that we have found a young lad, who has a dream, and we are now going to help him achieve that dream. Maybe he does it in sky blue, maybe he does it in a different country on another continent. It doesn't matter, wherever he goes he will always have city in his DNA. We give him the best education, the best facilities, the best coaches, and we see how he turns out. The exciting part is that whatever happens he's with us now.

Maybe he makes it, and we get to see him tear up the league or maybe we sell him to Nordsjelland in 5 years for half a million quid. Its still a great deal for him and a great deal for us, but every single thread there is a buzz kill. People who find this strategy to be so abhorrent that they'd rather we were prevented from doing so, but they're always the same people who argue against us spending big money on established stars.

Honestly think some people would only be happy if we played 5 or 6 16 and 17 year olds every game and got hammered every week. If that's what you want I'm sure there's some minute little team near you doing just that, but Manchester City happen to dream a little bigger.

I like the look of this kid & he seems as if he might have a chance.

I think legislation should be brought in, that if you sign kids so young you either play them or release them for free.

It should not be allowed to farm players for money. It is taking them away from their natural progression & putting conditions in the way.

Farming them really its no different to normal kids going to college or university these kids are coming to one of the best academy's in world football to gain everything they can to become a professional footballer weather it be with Manchester city or for another football club.

I like the look of this kid & he seems as if he might have a chance.

I think legislation should be brought in, that if you sign kids so young you either play them or release them for free.

It should not be allowed to farm players for money. It is taking them away from their natural progression & putting conditions in the way.

I agree with you to an extent mate but you need to also look at it from a footballers prospective. Sign for city, play under some of the best coaches and facilities in the world and take the gamble at proving yourself worthy of game time. At the end of the day if it doesn't happen you've still had the best 'education' possible. I imagine that's exactly what city say to their prospective youth prospects.

Equally it's the reason I defend Sancho because it works both ways! He's had his education and now he needs to do what he feels is best for the next stage of his development.

He's 16? That's not that young at all. We aren't allowed to sign anyone under 16 anyway.

Its still a terrible idea.

If we sign a 'young kid' at what age is the cut off? If its 12 or 14 or whatever that would be a) illegal and b) even if it wasn't you'd just have clubs adjust to buying the players at that age instead to circumvent the rules.

At what point is it decided to play them or release? 18? 21? 30? You do realise the most successful clubs in the world rarely have any teenagers?

how much do we have to play them? Once? Twice? 15 games?

how do we have any idea they can compete? presumably we can't loan them? Lets just stick these kids in the first team and fuck it, fans don't care about winning things anyway.

does this apply to only foreign talents or all 'young kids'? Just english kids? Just kids from Manchester? Whats our catchment for not having to play them or release them? What if they live in buttfuck nowhere in North Wales? Who's catchment do they come under then?

how can we have an academy full of players we have scouted if you're saying there should be legislation that prevents them from signing players unless we commit to playing them? do you want us to give all 200 of the academy kids a start?

The 'we' stuff has no baring on it.

I'm talking about everyone.

If a club signs young players, it should be with a full intention to develop them as first team players, for said club, imo.

It's time the farming of kids for money was stopped, everywhere.

I just don't understand the attitude some people have, it really annoys me. The goal is not for every single kid we sign to one day play for the first team. That would be utterly ridiculous.

What matters is that we have found a young lad, who has a dream, and we are now going to help him achieve that dream. Maybe he does it in sky blue, maybe he does it in a different country on another continent. It doesn't matter, wherever he goes he will always have city in his DNA. We give him the best education, the best facilities, the best coaches, and we see how he turns out. The exciting part is that whatever happens he's with us now.

Maybe he makes it, and we get to see him tear up the league or maybe we sell him to Nordsjelland in 5 years for half a million quid. Its still a great deal for him and a great deal for us, but every single thread there is a buzz kill. People who find this strategy to be so abhorrent that they'd rather we were prevented from doing so, but they're always the same people who argue against us spending big money on established stars.

Honestly think some people would only be happy if we played 5 or 6 16 and 17 year olds every game and got hammered every week. If that's what you want I'm sure there's some minute little team near you doing just that, but Manchester City happen to dream a little bigger.
This 100%

Farming them really its no different to normal kids going to college or university these kids are coming to one of the best academy's in world football to gain everything they can to become a professional footballer weather it be with Manchester city or for another football club.

Many of them only see City's academy when they pose for a photograph.

You do actually follow this stuff, & see what's going on yes ?

Why not let them develop somewhere else ?

Oh right, they can't do it without us, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.