Amsterdam by car?

squirtyflower said:
we drove to Hamburg in 2009

went Dover via Dunquerke, then up through Belgium and Holland

easy peasy

We drove to hamburg for that one too, went via hull. My best advice is to take a map, we didn't.

Great travelling on the autobahn though. Totally satisfying making such great progress cos you're doing well over 100mph, even if it is in the wrong direction...

The Fat el Hombre said:
squirtyflower said:

easy peasy

We drove to hamburg for that one too, went via hull. My best advice is to take a map, we didn't.

Great travelling on the autobahn though. Totally satisfying making such great progress cos you're doing well over 100mph, even if it is in the wrong direction...
lol
mate

maps can be quite useful

Drove from Charleroi airport(Belgium) to Schalke.

Parked up at the stadium and couldn't find the car for over 3 hours after the match. Eventually found it and then the sat nav failed. Got back to Charleroi by luck and just in time to catch the flight.

Rule 1. Don't lose your car.

Rule 2. Make sure your sat nav is working and the European maps are up to date.(which they weren't)

The Fat el Hombre said:
squirtyflower said:

easy peasy

Err twat nav? Did 3 weeks round Europe this year, only went for a week;)

Tbilisi said:
Thinking of driving for this one,has anyone done this and if so whats the best option re costs?

Driving to London,staying with relatives then onto Amsterdam day of the match via Channel Tunnel if I can.

Cheers in advance.

I think the £79 pound fare is for return fare and cabin.

What I,de do is drive the car to hull and get the boat across as a foot passenger. You won' use the car in the dam, get pissed on the boat , head down in the cabin for a few hours and nice and fresh for the match, on the piss for another 24 hours , back in hull nice and fresh for the drive home.

Job done, nice and simple.

While back I drove to Harwich. Left the car there and went over to the hook as a foot passenger,then train up to Amsterdam. I think that's got to be worth thinking about from a money aspect and it's really straight forward.

Turned into a ballache for me,though, as the return ferry got cancelled due to rough seas so I had to get train from Amsterdam to Brussels then Eurostar to London which was probably great for those who were heading to London anyway but I had to train it up to Harwich to get the sodding car.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.