Amsterdam by car?

I drove to Lokeren a few years back. Make sure you are legal, see link below

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uknetguide.co.uk/Motoring/Article/Beware_of_European_driving_differences-105252.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uknetguide.co.uk/Motoring/Ar ... 05252.html</a>

I have lived in Holland 9 years and have done that journey numerous times. It is about 3.5 to 4 hours drive from the Channel Tunnel to Amsterdam but there are a couple of other things to consider. The parking around the Ajax Arena is a) very expensive and b) a nightmare to get away from......it can literally take hours.
If you are staying in Amsterdam city centre then parking prices are outrageous and so I would avoid parking there as well. Dump the car somewhere like Abcoude or Breukelen and get the train to Bijlmer which is where the ground is. Cheaper and quicker.

I would love to get 6 Blues from this side of the Irish Sea to get a camper-van, Belfast to Stranrear, drive to Manchester, watch a home game, head to Hull after match, Zebrugge ferry, drive to somewhere near the city the game is in (Belguim, Holland, Germany, maybe even Poland), watch the game, and drive back Calais -Dover friday night - Saturday morn, watch a City game in London - Southampton etc, then head back North to Stranrear for ferry home on the Sunday.
Depending on ferry times and other games maybe taking in a few other games enroute, and if six drivers on board, plenty of beer time, drive three hours, six hours beer, 9 hours sleep, three hours navigating - getting the driver a coffee etc, (obviously the timings and routes could change depending on City games).
A bloke in work is talking about hiring a van for the Euro's in France and going to as many games as possible, but would prefer to do something likewise following MCFC
Oh and I would make sure that a twatnav fully functionable and up to date was available)

Three of us are driving over via the tunnel. Leaving Manchester at 4am Tuesday, will arrive in Amsterdam about 2pm ish, booked in a hotel in the centre for 2 nights, dive back following day after the game, get some booze for Christmas on the way back, job done. Reckon it will cost about £90 each to get there and back (petrol and tunnel crossing), plus ticket, grub/drinks and hotel for 2 nights. Around £375 in all.....?!

We are flying from m/cr to Bremen tuesday morning, hired a car to drive to Amsterdam, get there tuesdsay evening staying 2 nights. Then drive back to Bremen thursday lunch, back in Manchester thursday early evening.

£ 44 for return flights
£ 110 car hire between 4
£ 40 for 2 nights hotel
£ 100 fuel between 4

Leave your car at home!

sweeneytheblue said:
We are flying from m/cr to Bremen tuesday morning, hired a car to drive to Amsterdam, get there tuesdsay evening staying 2 nights. Then drive back to Bremen thursday lunch, back in Manchester thursday early evening.

£ 44 for return flights
£ 110 car hire between 4
£ 40 for 2 nights hotel
£ 100 fuel between 4

Leave your car at home!

Brits driving with a German licence plate car to a dutch football game THATS funny mate ;-)...are you sure you realy want to go with a German Car? If the dutch looses they will smash the car...if the british looses they will smash the car...;-))...good luck!

It's not a big adventure is it? Not like trying to charter your own boat from the Shetlands to the Faroes...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.