Amsterdam meet up point

Didsbury Dave said:
sallythecat said:
Where is everybody meeting up ?
a good choice as Dam square statues would be a great choice
As all amsterdamers would see us as they go past on the trams or walk past Dam square is very neat the red light district kentuckey & mcdonalds outlets & bars & shopping area (could get tv coverage)
Central station could be another choice showers food outlets trams & bus stations
Warning if you are shopping for the ladies make sure you wear one
be safe be sure be aware the dammers have some very noughty boys

Dont forget to visit the only english chip shop in amsterdam???
be aware of the drugs in the dam very strong
space cakes are wicked
loads of links will be posted soon

Amsterdam doesn't need a "meet". Blues will be all over.

Dam Square might be alright if you want to buy some cans, tie your flags up and balloon around. Be warned I had a few beers in a bar off Dam Square a week or two ago and it was 16 Euros for a pint and a half, too. I suppose the Grasshopper will be full of blues, that gets all the English in.

The nicest place for a beer and get together would be Rembrantsplein, about a mile away from Dam Square. That's compact and packed full of bars, restauraunts and coffee shops.

But I don't see it working like that particularly. People will be wandering around the Red Light District all night. The bars are small, atmospheric and cheap and there are dozens of coffer shops.

For me that's what Amsterdam is all about. Wandering from place to place. Having a smoke, a beer, some food, and taking the sightsl in.

I expect to see loads of blues sat in silence after hammering too many skunk spliffs too early. Loads more will be all over the gaff after imbibing the magic truffles which the shops sell. It's going to be a messy one, this.

Rembrandtplein is a bit touristy cafes too, not where i would/will go, echo your sentiments about wandering around mind

M.C.F.C.O.K said:
So now that Madrid has come and gone, this is the next Euro away day. So we are looking at 2,500 to 3,000 tickets? I think i might just miss out, will anybody be going without a ticket?

going off the lads i know who are going there'll be at least 10,000 there.

Don't know if i imagined it but didn't the tv commetator say that Madrid had 10,000 tickets on open sale the day of our match there?

salfordpaul said:
stoner are you stoned ? no way 10,000, not in a million pal. be about 4,000

It wouldn#t surprise me if we got near that number going over. A lot of the old school fancy it, as do the usual awayers. It's cheap, quick and plenty to do for the ticketless.
I even know a few reds who are tagging along.

blueballoon said:
Didsbury Dave said:
sallythecat said:
As all amsterdamers would see us as they go past on the trams or walk past Dam square is very neat the red light district kentuckey & mcdonalds outlets & bars & shopping area (could get tv coverage)
Central station could be another choice showers food outlets trams & bus stations

space cakes are wicked

Dam Square might be alright if you want to buy some cans, tie your flags up and balloon around. Be warned I had a few beers in a bar off Dam Square a week or two ago and it was 16 Euros for a pint and a half, too. I suppose the Grasshopper will be full of blues, that gets all the English in.

The nicest place for a beer and get together would be Rembrantsplein, about a mile away from Dam Square. That's compact and packed full of bars, restauraunts and coffee shops.

But I don't see it working like that particularly. People will be wandering around the Red Light District all night. The bars are small, atmospheric and cheap and there are dozens of coffer shops.

For me that's what Amsterdam is all about. Wandering from place to place. Having a smoke, a beer, some food, and taking the sightsl in.

I expect to see loads of blues sat in silence after hammering too many skunk spliffs too early. Loads more will be all over the gaff after imbibing the magic truffles which the shops sell. It's going to be a messy one, this.

Rembrandtplein is a bit touristy cafes too, not where i would/will go, echo your sentiments about wandering around mind

I got my squares mixed up mate, I said later in the thread I think. I meant Leidseplein. Still a bit touristy but a bit more atmospheric and OK for a meal and a beer.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 am --<br /><br />
stonerblue said:
salfordpaul said:

It wouldn#t surprise me if we got near that number going over. A lot of the old school fancy it, as do the usual awayers. It's cheap, quick and plenty to do for the ticketless.

Wouldn't surprise me either. Everyone I know is already booked for this one. There will be a lot without tickets. Every geezer who's ever followed City will be there.

jrb said:
Didsbury Dave said:
sallythecat said:

space cakes are wicked

We could get 3000+ Blues in the Rembrantsplein. The Dutch do it all the time. They don't mind what sex you are either.

[bigimg]http://media.nu.nl/m/m1ezotqaphmx.jpg[/bigimg]

that would be awesome

Didsbury Dave said:
blueballoon said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I got my squares mixed up mate, I said later in the thread I think. I meant Leidseplein. Still a bit touristy but a bit more atmospheric and OK for a meal and a beer.

-- Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 am --

stonerblue said:
salfordpaul said:

Wouldn't surprise me either. Everyone I know is already booked for this one. There will be a lot without tickets. Every geezer who's ever followed City will be there.

Considering it's possible to get there and back from Central Manchester for 50 notes and a bed for a tenner once there i can see lots being there.

At some point we will head to 'the old sailor' pub in the heart of the redlight district, think the atmosphere around there pre-match will be great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.