An apology - P12 British tourist dies after being struck by helicopter rotor blades

Well naturally I had to research a little bit more into this and apparently whilst maybe not the most common form of tragic death, it is certainly not a one off.

I set up this thread firmly in the belief that only a total idiot would manage to achieve what young Jack did and as such couldn't show sympathy. Well, annoyingly, albeit not unusually, I was completely wrong and I must hold my hands up and give profuse apologies to all.

As I have stated I had tremendous sympathy for the family but clearly I should and indeed do, extend that to the young man in question.

To all those who expressed a somewhat less than favourable opinion of me, you are most certainly correct.

If there is a lesson to be learned here, apart from the obvious, it is perhaps to reserve judgement.

I do still maintain it was daft as everyone should be on high alert in those surroundings but I was harsh and wrong.

DBB.

That’s fine just don’t let it happen again.

Well naturally I had to research a little bit more into this and apparently whilst maybe not the most common form of tragic death, it is certainly not a one off.

I set up this thread firmly in the belief that only a total idiot would manage to achieve what young Jack did and as such couldn't show sympathy. Well, annoyingly, albeit not unusually, I was completely wrong and I must hold my hands up and give profuse apologies to all.

As I have stated I had tremendous sympathy for the family but clearly I should and indeed do, extend that to the young man in question.

To all those who expressed a somewhat less than favourable opinion of me, you are most certainly correct.

If there is a lesson to be learned here, apart from the obvious, it is perhaps to reserve judgement.

I do still maintain it was daft as everyone should be on high alert in those surroundings but I was harsh and wrong.

DBB.
Before you 'hold your hands up', be sure to look up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.