An apology - P12 British tourist dies after being struck by helicopter rotor blades

I don't know if you have read the whole thread Kaz or more specifically my responses but that may give a slightly different flavour to my original, somewhat insensitive, post.
I'm guessing she hasn't. Your opening post wasn't great, to put it mildly. But you've at least acknowledged that in the interim. Which is to your credit.

haha good question. i actually read all threads, just dont post v much. I think the answer to your query may be linked to my aspergers. I obviously dont know how another person feels, i only know how i feel and in this instance the article posted made me feel sad. Not in anyway am i trying to call out the OP mind as he has been very open and polite to all in his responses and he's entitled to his own opinion. I just find it fascinating how people are different in how and why they say things and how some are affected by news of a stranger dying and some are not. I'm not saying there is a right or wrong response - i just find it interesting. For example there is a comment in one of the posts above about "faux sympathy" but its not for me, i feel it and perhaps others do and others dont,we just dont know, and thats not a bad thing its just what makes humans different from one another and that in itself is probably a good thing. We dont want a world where we are all identical as then society wouldnt function. Jesus Christ this is a waflling answer isnt it *shuts up and goes to the pub.

I'm suspected Aspergers too
Two weeks ago I went to a gig and a bloke in his 50s was slamming around and fell into the stage
My first thought was "if that stupid cnut dies the band will have to go off and there will be no more songs"
When I see people on off road bikes doing wheelies on the road I find myself hoping they have an accident.

I'm guessing she hasn't. Your opening post wasn't great, to put it mildly. But you've at least acknowledged that in the interim. Which is to your credit.
Cheers Jim. I think the lack of sympathy bit was the kicker. As you say, poorly worded.

I still can't bend my head around how absurdly daft and unnecessary his death was which was kind of my point.

Equally, @kaz7 has every right to have read the whole thread and still maintain her position and I accept that.

Read this in the night, and the double whammy of the rotor blades above almost cancel out the noise of the back one, so it really is like it isn’t there.

For the young man who lost his life, I hope it was quick and painless.
Tail rotor gearbox whine is a bit of a giveaway. Usually a lot higher pitch, and being a youngster he's have had no trouble hearing it.

What a weird thread. Its moved quickly from beating up @DrBlueBob for not being sensitive enough to puns on decapitation.

Poor/silly guy. But approx 150,000 died today in addition to him, its very difficult to feel true sympathy for all of them. 800 drowned, 3400 RTA's, over 2,000 committed suicide, 1000 were murdered. We are sometimes guilty of faux sympathy.
aka, The Diana Effect - That was the birth of the collective need to be seen as the most upset at an event/happening completely unrelated to your life. Weird as fuck behaviour, totally embraced by the Facebook generation.

I'm suspected Aspergers too
Two weeks ago I went to a gig and a bloke in his 50s was slamming around and fell into the stage
My first thought was "if that stupid cnut dies the band will have to go off and there will be no more songs"
When I see people on off road bikes doing wheelies on the road I find myself hoping they have an accident.
You’re not on your own with the last one. I watch them and really really hope they crash and pretty much hurt themselves beyond repair. Why? Because next week it will be in a car they don’t give two fucks about who they hurt/kill as they do what they want in it.

Tree, do your worst.

aka, The Diana Effect - That was the birth of the collective need to be seen as the most upset at an event/happening completely unrelated to your life. Weird as fuck behaviour, totally embraced by the Facebook generation.
Strangely perhaps, given my OP, I was was immensely saddened by Diana's death.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.