An Englishman abroad........

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Seems we have these incidents of dickheads being dickheads at every away game now! What is wrong with some people? Chucking coins on fans below is just ridiculous.

I've only done one, Dortmund which was the exact opposite. Go in through the same turnstiles as the Dortmund fans, mix in the concourse at the back and leave at the same time.

I did used to wonder years ago whether treating people like animals contributed heavily to people behaving like them

Done Madrid, Munich, Pilzen, Amsterdam and Barcelona, Barcelona was by far the worst, a lot of fucking steps, shite beer and more fucking steps. Won't be doing Barcelona again even if we are in the final.

cleavers said:
Exactly why I said last year, that I wouldn't return, not unless we get to a final there, not that they should ever have finals in that concrete cancer ridden stadium.

Barcelona is OK (pick pockets aside) for a weekend break, but little else in my opinion.
And the ferries to Majorca, Ibiza and Menorca, aaahh memories

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Seems we have these incidents of dickheads being dickheads at every away game now! What is wrong with some people? Chucking coins on fans below is just ridiculous.

I've only done one, Dortmund which was the exact opposite. Go in through the same turnstiles as the Dortmund fans, mix in the concourse at the back and leave at the same time.
The reason Dortmund was better is because on the whole the police actually show the fans some respect.

the situation with the metro in only letting people use the ticket barrier is the norm here. Barcelona fans ( LOCALS everyone ) have to put up with it in every game. Maybe though this is something the club can explain in advice being given our when coming and going to the ground. Its for public safety ,as if they was to open the barriers with so many people going though there would be a crush for people trying to get on the metro.

We was locked in last night due to the people throwing stuff on the people below. We never got in locked in last year, it went on but not on this scale.
Also the cattle type treatment we got on the way out was also due to this.

The club next time need to speak to the local authorities of Barcelona and set up some sort of official fan zone. Overall city fans are really liked here as we spend a lot of money. Local beer sellers have had their best week ever so far this year. Only one or two nights a year beat what we brought of them.

Slats said:
Whilst all the above is lamentable and I won't be returning to Barcelona to watch City (unless there is a final there), mine is for a more saddening reason. After being "pissed off" with the spoilt brats who support City on Saturday, who seem to have swallowed the media line that we have spent Billions and therefore have every right to expect to outplay & beat everyone we are up against. Last night I was ashamed of a large number of the people who call themselves City supporters. When Barcelona scored the supporters below us were showered with Food, drink & coins, our wonderful fans continued to hurl things at the people in front of us... Not only that but when the abused fans had the temerity to turn round and gesture or approach a steward they were mocked, jeered & verbally abused.

Maybe I am getting old but I have lived through being treated like an animal & hoped that it was getting better but it isn't!

Same thing happened last season, loads of things getting thrown onto the barca supporters. Not good at all

We went down the square around 2.30 and the police although clearly visible, kept a relatively low profile (by their normally heavy handed standards). Around 4.30 there was a change in mood and atmosphere. More and more riot vans and police started to appear and the balaclavas started to be pulled up. As we were moving towards the edge of the square, I actually saw one copper loosening up his wrist by having a few practice swings with his baton. That was our signal to leave.

Went back to the apartment and then caught the Metro to Les Corts and didn't have any real problems from there and getting in the ground. Then again, we did have a small child and his grandad with us, so perhaps they were a bit more sympathetic. e.g. They let us take the lift up to the gods. They even let us take our drinks to the seats, 2 bottles of water and a coke.

Inside the ground, the coin throwing was shocking. I saw a bloke (late 40's) on the row in front of me do it in the first half. Politely told him he was out of order. He just shrugged his shoulders, but at least didn't do it again. Even when we were awarded the penalty a load went over the fence. Even more when it was saved.

We left our seats on 85 minutes and were allowed to leave, probably because we asked nicely and had the young kid with us. Walked back to Les Corts Metro and got on it without any problems. By the way, passing a ticket back is a common practice. All four of us used a T10 (Journey) ticket so did the pass back every tube we got on.

I've been to Barca x 2, Madrid, Santander & Villareal watching City. Every time has been chaotic at the ground. The Spanish police are just not used to dealing with large away followings. They also think that English football fan equates to hooligan. Which makes for a bad combination. The sad thing was that last night, some of the fans in the away end and in the square (twatting a ball at peoples windows) gave them the reason to think that way.

seantheduck said:
love barcelona as a cit, but nou camp is a total shitehole of a ground....embarrassingly bad for a club like barca....where does the money they get go?
wages of players like Messi and Neymar...
a debt I think they lost count of which was around 600 million euros and going up..
they have been proposing of doing the ground up for years. but often plan some out of this world design that will cost 100, millions..
they will be like rangers one day.. they got loans based on future sales of replicas to season ticket sales.. and match day & tv revenue.

Blue Punter said:
We went down the square around 2.30 and the police although clearly visible, kept a relatively low profile (by their normally heavy handed standards). Around 4.30 there was a change in mood and atmosphere. More and more riot vans and police started to appear and the balaclavas started to be pulled up. As we were moving towards the edge of the square, I actually saw one copper loosening up his wrist by having a few practice swings with his baton. That was our signal to leave.

Went back to the apartment and then caught the Metro to Les Corts and didn't have any real problems from there and getting in the ground. Then again, we did have a small child and his grandad with us, so perhaps they were a bit more sympathetic. e.g. They let us take the lift up to the gods. They even let us take our drinks to the seats, 2 bottles of water and a coke.

Inside the ground, the coin throwing was shocking. I saw a bloke (late 40's) on the row in front of me do it in the first half. Politely told him he was out of order. He just shrugged his shoulders, but at least didn't do it again. Even when we were awarded the penalty a load went over the fence. Even more when it was saved.

We left our seats on 85 minutes and were allowed to leave, probably because we asked nicely and had the young kid with us. Walked back to Les Corts Metro and got on it without any problems. By the way, passing a ticket back is a common practice. All four of us used a T10 (Journey) ticket so did the pass back every tube we got on.

I've been to Barca x 2, Madrid, Santander & Villareal watching City. Every time has been chaotic at the ground. The Spanish police are just not used to dealing with large away followings. They also think that English football fan equates to hooligan. Which makes for a bad combination. The sad thing was that last night, some of the fans in the away end and in the square (twatting a ball at peoples windows) gave them the reason to think that way.

Left with 5 mins to go. Do you do that at home games also. Proves it works though as you got away with no fuss

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.