An Englishman abroad........

Some good news to lighten the mood.
A good Spanish friend of mine who lives in Barcelona texted me today to say she'll miss the City fans, as she thought you were all brilliant.

Innsbruckblue said:
Some good news to lighten the mood.
A good Spanish friend of mine who lives in Barcelona texted me today to say she'll miss the City fans, as she thought you were all brilliant.

How much did she make?
;)

mayo31 said:
Blue Punter said:
We went down the square around 2.30 and the police although clearly visible, kept a relatively low profile (by their normally heavy handed standards). Around 4.30 there was a change in mood and atmosphere. More and more riot vans and police started to appear and the balaclavas started to be pulled up. As we were moving towards the edge of the square, I actually saw one copper loosening up his wrist by having a few practice swings with his baton. That was our signal to leave.

Went back to the apartment and then caught the Metro to Les Corts and didn't have any real problems from there and getting in the ground. Then again, we did have a small child and his grandad with us, so perhaps they were a bit more sympathetic. e.g. They let us take the lift up to the gods. They even let us take our drinks to the seats, 2 bottles of water and a coke.

Inside the ground, the coin throwing was shocking. I saw a bloke (late 40's) on the row in front of me do it in the first half. Politely told him he was out of order. He just shrugged his shoulders, but at least didn't do it again. Even when we were awarded the penalty a load went over the fence. Even more when it was saved.

We left our seats on 85 minutes and were allowed to leave, probably because we asked nicely and had the young kid with us. Walked back to Les Corts Metro and got on it without any problems. By the way, passing a ticket back is a common practice. All four of us used a T10 (Journey) ticket so did the pass back every tube we got on.

I've been to Barca x 2, Madrid, Santander & Villareal watching City. Every time has been chaotic at the ground. The Spanish police are just not used to dealing with large away followings. They also think that English football fan equates to hooligan. Which makes for a bad combination. The sad thing was that last night, some of the fans in the away end and in the square (twatting a ball at peoples windows) gave them the reason to think that way.

Left with 5 mins to go. Do you do that at home games also. Proves it works though as you got away with no fuss

At matches (both home and away), I very rarely leave early as we don't tend to get locked in the ground for 45 minutes and get cattled by a heavy handed police force police who have previous for drawing their batons indiscriminately at innocent people. The fact that we had a 67 year old bloke and a 6 year old grandson with us last night proved that we made the correct choice.

The odd occasion when I do leave early is when I know there can be a bit of crushing at full time. Then again, I attend games as a helper of a lad who is visually impaired. His safety (as it was with the 6 year old and his grandad last night) is of far more importance to me than anything else.

Although what it has to do with you, I have no idea.

11075169_10206178396809690_3255788821921846992_n.jpg
yea some friends of mine posted their pictures with city fans on their FB,, they loved us..

comment from the photo

Caroooo yo en 5 minutos en plaça reial encontre como 23 novios muy riccos

Crickey ! in 5 minutes you can find 23 boyfriends that are very rich

Blue Punter said:
mayo31 said:
Blue Punter said:
We went down the square around 2.30 and the police although clearly visible, kept a relatively low profile (by their normally heavy handed standards). Around 4.30 there was a change in mood and atmosphere. More and more riot vans and police started to appear and the balaclavas started to be pulled up. As we were moving towards the edge of the square, I actually saw one copper loosening up his wrist by having a few practice swings with his baton. That was our signal to leave.

Went back to the apartment and then caught the Metro to Les Corts and didn't have any real problems from there and getting in the ground. Then again, we did have a small child and his grandad with us, so perhaps they were a bit more sympathetic. e.g. They let us take the lift up to the gods. They even let us take our drinks to the seats, 2 bottles of water and a coke.

Inside the ground, the coin throwing was shocking. I saw a bloke (late 40's) on the row in front of me do it in the first half. Politely told him he was out of order. He just shrugged his shoulders, but at least didn't do it again. Even when we were awarded the penalty a load went over the fence. Even more when it was saved.

We left our seats on 85 minutes and were allowed to leave, probably because we asked nicely and had the young kid with us. Walked back to Les Corts Metro and got on it without any problems. By the way, passing a ticket back is a common practice. All four of us used a T10 (Journey) ticket so did the pass back every tube we got on.

I've been to Barca x 2, Madrid, Santander & Villareal watching City. Every time has been chaotic at the ground. The Spanish police are just not used to dealing with large away followings. They also think that English football fan equates to hooligan. Which makes for a bad combination. The sad thing was that last night, some of the fans in the away end and in the square (twatting a ball at peoples windows) gave them the reason to think that way.

Left with 5 mins to go. Do you do that at home games also. Proves it works though as you got away with no fuss

At matches (both home and away), I very rarely leave early as we don't tend to get locked in the ground for 45 minutes and get cattled by a heavy handed police force police who have previous for drawing their batons indiscriminately at innocent people. The fact that we had a 67 year old bloke and a 6 year old grandson with us last night proved that we made the correct choice.

The odd occasion when I do leave early is when I know there can be a bit of crushing at full time. Then again, I attend games as a helper of a lad who is visually impaired. His safety (as it was with the 6 year old and his grandad last night) is of far more importance to me than anything else.

Nowt to do with me but I was only asking, being a bit cheeky. No need to get all pious and tell me your life story as if I would know your circumstances.

mayo31 said:
Blue Punter said:
mayo31 said:

Nowt to do with me but I was only asking, being a bit cheeky. No need to get all pious and tell me your life story as if I would know your circumstances.

You asked me a question which I answered for you as comprehensively as I thought necessary. It was hardly lengthy enough to make it an autobiography.

However you're right, to use your own phrase and keep it brief, "it's nowt to do with you".

If it's that shit, don't go.

What a load of whingeing fuckers!

Particularly that cider-swilling, straw-chewing, tractor driving, JCL from bloody Exeter. Support your local team you glory hunter. Bet you were a rag until Aguero scored against QPR. How do these people get tickets? Probably a rich, posh twat who paid a few hundred quid for a "premium experience" from Thomas Cook, pushing genuine fans further down the queue.

Prestwich_Blue said:
If it's that shit, don't go.

What a load of whingeing fuckers!

Particularly that cider-swilling, straw-chewing, tractor driving, JCL from bloody Exeter. Support your local team you glory hunter. Bet you were a rag until Aguero scored against QPR. How do these people get tickets? Probably a rich, posh twat who paid a few hundred quid for a "premium experience" from Thomas Cook, pushing genuine fans further down the queue.

The fucking nerve of it, you cheeky c**t. I was a Chelsea fan before Aguero scored that goal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.