An Important Message For Cyclists

Agreed bad drivers are bad drivers. But cycling is Not “just as bad” in terms of numbers. For a few months I was walking from picadilly to St Peter’s square, I regularly counted 10+ cyclists going through red lights. Occasionally cars when it was close to amber. One occasion I counted 28 cyclists going through red lights including one that missed me by about 6 inches in that 15 min period. It was about 75/80% of cyclists that day.

The number of Cyclists ignoring red lights is insane.
I can count the same number of amber gamblers on one journey. Couple with overtaking too close, overtaking on corners, not indicating, tailgating, not stopping at junctions, changing lanes without signalling, undertaking.

People in this country have no idea how to drive. This whole point scoring of "cyclists bad/drivers bad" masks the serious issue of exceptionally dreadful driving/riding by a vast majority of road users.

I can count the same number of amber gamblers on one journey. Couple with overtaking too close, overtaking on corners, not indicating, tailgating, not stopping at junctions, changing lanes without signalling, undertaking.

People in this country have no idea how to drive. This whole point scoring of "cyclists bad/drivers bad" masks the serious issue of exceptionally dreadful driving/riding by a vast majority of road users.
I was almost wiped out by an amber gambler who was so fixated with beating the lights that didn't even register me slowing to a stop. Luckily I was going left, but I was still closer to the centre of the lane to discourage overtaking on the corner. The driver passed so fast and close their wing mirror clipped my backpack hard. Luckily I didn't fall off, but it seriously winded me and I ended up with a massive bruise.

seen it a fair few times on oxford road with those deliveroo cyclists or whatever they are called.
the law going after them and pulling them over because they jumped the lights when there wasn't any other traffic in sight.

"show us you papers" coming soon to a cinema near you in 1984

yes, but of course
they are traffic police
so it's not their duty to go out & help victims of actual crime or owt,
they're makin' the roads safe

wew knows the score

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.