An insect you admire / loath

pee dubya said:
Camel spiders are big, but tarantula big, not a metre long. And that's an infected bite, they don't take a chunk out of your leg.

Anyway, i find ants fascinating, the hive mind and everything.

The fucking midge, is the one i hate. Having been wild camping, doing field work in damp forests, and various other outdoor activities, they genuinely are the scurge of my life. A deodrant can and a lighter is a good remedy (although a full on midge jacket is probably the most effective and safest protection).

I really thought that a spider could take a almost perfectley round chunk out of you that size.....

Haha.

You'd be surprised at what people believe about camel spiders, an explanation of that bite i've seen is that apparently the spider uses anasthetic to dull the pain before feasting on your leg while your asleep, leaving a gaping wound the size of a dinner plate.

They also enjoy disembowling camels as a hobby.

pee dubya said:
You'd be surprised at what people believe about camel spiders, an explanation of that bite i've seen is that apparently the spider uses anasthetic to dull the pain before feasting on your leg while your asleep, leaving a gaping wound the size of a dinner plate.

I heard that too actually, alot of lies about them, apparently they chase people too.

Miami Weiss said:
pee dubya said:

I heard that too actually, alot of lies about them, apparently they chase people too.

Which is obviously crap as well. According to Wiki it's Humvee's they chase.

paphos-mcfc said:
Cool Insect the praying mantis ( saw a huge one tonight in our medlar tree )

Absolutely bang on! I saw the title of this thread and was gonna put the Mantis, best pet I ever had

Couldn't afford any crickets once so she went a while without feeding and was a little off colour. When I stuck some crickets in she went and devoured 27 in one sitting, it was awesome, total brutalisation. I don't even know how it was physically possible to fit that many crickets into her, although she did drop the odd head and leg here and there

Also stuck some baby locusts things (can't remember the name of them) in with her one. They were jumping around all over the show but she hunted them down one by one, one of their heads seemed to explose when she bit into it and all this gooey shit dribbled out.

Awesome pet

The Fat el Hombre said:
paphos-mcfc said:

Absolutely bang on! I saw the title of this thread and was gonna put the Mantis, best pet I ever had

Couldn't afford any crickets once so she went a while without feeding and was a little off colour. When I stuck some crickets in she went and devoured 27 in one sitting, it was awesome, total brutalisation. I don't even know how it was physically possible to fit that many crickets into her, although she did drop the odd head and leg here and there

Also stuck some baby locusts things (can't remember the name of them) in with her one. They were jumping around all over the show but she hunted them down one by one, one of their heads seemed to explose when she bit into it and all this gooey shit dribbled out.

Awesome pet

Lol Alex thats bloody disgusting!

The Fat el Hombre said:
paphos-mcfc said:

Awesome pet

I want one now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.