An unpopular opinion

I think Oliver Cromwell (or more correctly the Parliament of 1648) was right to abolish Christmas.
It gets more boring every year. And it starts about fucking June, with women trying to create the "perfect Christmas" which you can't buy anyway. Shit films on TV. Ridiculous "decorations" that cost enough to feed all the homeless in Manchester for a year. Sentimental bullshit, pretending that you care when in fact no one gives a flying fuck. Basically the same meal every year, plus all the extra office/friend meals with fucking turkey which tastes like the Evening News.
By all means give the kids a sack of presents, but the rest of it, bin it. Religious (Christian) people should go to church, but all the other Christmas obsessives trying to make us "enjoy" ourselves should bog off. I'm quite happy with meat and potato pie, something remotely interesting or intelligent on TV instead of Wankburger's Christmas Morning or Santa Claus Flies to Norway, and a half decent book to read.

I think Oliver Cromwell (or more correctly the Parliament of 1648) was right to abolish Christmas.
It gets more boring every year. And it starts about fucking June, with women trying to create the "perfect Christmas" which you can't buy anyway. Shit films on TV. Ridiculous "decorations" that cost enough to feed all the homeless in Manchester for a year. Sentimental bullshit, pretending that you care when in fact no one gives a flying fuck. Basically the same meal every year, plus all the extra office/friend meals with fucking turkey which tastes like the Evening News.
By all means give the kids a sack of presents, but the rest of it, bin it. Religious (Christian) people should go to church, but all the other Christmas obsessives trying to make us "enjoy" ourselves should bog off. I'm quite happy with meat and potato pie, something remotely interesting or intelligent on TV instead of Wankburger's Christmas Morning or Santa Claus Flies to Norway, and a half decent book to read.

Dont forget kissing and shaking hands with twats who ( you ) wouldn't give you the time of 364 days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.