And so it begins...

Paulmcfc2703 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Right ok. I've read it again and can confirm he is not on it.
are you blind?
Well it would be difficult to read such wit from fantastic posters such as yourself if I was.

The city site missed him in the squad list but put it in the blurb......
just Kompany. Fernandinho, Sagna and the three Argies with extra time off

George Hannah said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
are you blind?
Well it would be difficult to read such wit from fantastic posters such as yourself if I was.

The city site missed him in the squad list but put it in the blurb......
just Kompany. Fernandinho, Sagna and the three Argies with extra time off

Hmmm doesn't give enough time in pre-season for a new CB partnership to develop. Though tbf Kompany like Aguero does need time off, his groin (I think) was troubling him at the WC too.

Grim news about Negredo, out injured long enough to put any kybosh on a sale to Real Madrid, not long enough to omit from the squads. (Personally wouldn't sell him and he would have been included in squad)

richards30 said:
Deepest Blue said:
sutty66 said:
Didn't Zin Zimmer and Bombo mention Isco a month ago?
Poor old Bombo started a thread about a month ago predicting a loan to us but as he/she isn't approved by Richards 30 and others there was just flak in return.

not sure why I`m getting a mention mate as from when I first joined bombo has come up with some great stuff in the past and I don't tend to slate or give shit to people besides fans of other clubs who come on causing shit. bombo is certainly a good poster who I have never had a problem with.
You got a mention because you listed a few posters who were the only ITK's on here.
Bombo and a few other posters who share snippets of good information were not on your list.
I realise that you meant no harm so no sweat mate :)

Paulmcfc2703 said:
taconinja said:
BlueDejong said:
Amazing...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/July/City-jet-out-for-US-Tour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... or-US-Tour</a>

The majority of the squad who were on duty in Scotland will travel to the States and will be joined in New York by World Cup stars Yaya Toure, David Silva, Joe Hart, James Milner and Edin Dzeko who all exited at the first stage of the competition

Just missed on the list.
I'm wondering if there's an edit somewhere because when I search the page for "Milner" it doesn't catch the word on the page.
That does seem what happened.

@baileymcfc: James Milner travelling to USA & will be part of the tour. Author error left him off list. That has been rectified and perpetrator told!
Imagine if Yaya had been the one omitted in error?
GateauGate 2!

Based on Milner's relatively 'low' wages, and what they will cost the club, City have offered two options...

One is a new contract that would protect the club but has a buy out figure which can be activated next summer, and in recognition of his age and loyalty.

The other would see City let him run down his deal, as there is only a £5m shortfall between his wages and the actual £10m fee we think we can get.

For the sake of £5m, and what it would cost to buy a homegrown replacement, City will only let Jimmy go if there is a bid of stupid proportions.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Based on Milner's relatively 'low' wages, and what they will cost the club, City have offered two options...

One is a new contract that would protect the club but has a buy out figure which can be activated next summer, and in recognition of his age and loyalty.

The other would see City let him run down his deal, as there is only a £5m shortfall between his wages and the actual £10m fee we think we can get.

For the sake of £5m, and what it would cost to buy a homegrown replacement, City will only let Jimmy go if there is a bid of stupid proportions.

How stupid are we talking here, like £15-20m?

FlatlineMonday said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

How stupid are we talking here, like £15-20m?

Yeah, those type of figures.

But £10m does not make sense to City with our current financial and quota restrictions.

City know clubs won't pay that type of money for a player in his final year, coupled with his wages.

A. Player in the last year of his contract anything over 10 million is good business in my view. Also with the price of English players it could go as far 15 million if a bidding war happened with 2 teams.

Any plans on a replacement for Negredo or we going with what we got. I wouldn't mind Defoe if the price was right wasted in the MLS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.