And so it begins...

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Negredo could maybe miss out because of injury and still be registered in January.

Problem then is he could not be able to play football (except FA and League Cup) in October, November or December despite being fit. Wouldn't that be pretty much unprecedented and a PR disaster?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Bluewonder said:
I reckon Sagna might be in danger of missing out on the quota, especially if Richards stays as cover

Not a chance.

Micah is a goner, even if we have to pay half his wages on a 12 month loan somewhere.

Negredo could maybe miss out because of injury and still be registered in January.

A fair assumption on both counts. I sense there could be quite a bit of late activity with regards to those moving on, it seems a game of who will blink first and I think we are trying to get better returns than we have in the past. We are no longer a soft touch. Keep up the good posts Mr TH.

I agree with Tolm, I think Negredo could be dropped for the Champions League and then reconsidered in January.

Richards and Garcia will go on loan in my opinion.

Rodwell will stay.

LoveCity said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Problem then is he could not be able to play football (except FA and League Cup) in October, November or December despite being fit. Wouldn't that be pretty much unprecedented and a PR disaster?
He can be accomodated in the PL squad without much difficulty if Pogba or Barclay replaces Garcia

LoveCity said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Depends on how well it is handled. If he is indeed out three months (and will likely not be fully match fit for weeks after that) he would not play much before the end of November, beginning of December, anyway.

It's not ideal, and may not work, but it is feasible.

George Hannah said:
LoveCity said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

He can be accomodated in the PL squad without much difficulty if Pogba or Barclay replaces Garcia

But this is all assuming we sign Isco. We'd be allowed 17 non-homegrown and would have:

Willy, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Zaba, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Fernando, Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Navas, Isco, Negredo, Dzeko, Aguero, Jovetic

18 non-homegrown there, but only 17 allowed. Meaning one of those names would have to be not registered and not allowed to play Premier League football until January (and even then, what happens in January?). If it was Negredo, City are hoping to have him back before the end of September (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28402355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28402355</a>), which means he couldn't play in October, November, December...

LoveCity said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I meant with regards Champs League registration only?

He would get plenty of games in the Prem and the League Cup.

If we progress in Europe, we can maybe look at business in January which will create the wiggle room to register him.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
LoveCity said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I meant with regards Champs League registration only?

He would get plenty of games in the Prem and the League Cup.

If we progress in Europe, we can maybe look at business in January which will create the wiggle room to register him.

Check my post above.

We'd have 18 non-homegrown (not including Nastasic who is exempt for 1 more year) even with Garcia gone but only allowed to register 17 in the Premier League and 16 in the Champions League. Champions League exclusion isn't the big problem (because we aren't in it every week), it'd be forcing a big name player out of Premier League football. That's why I can't see how Isco can come in unless we sell a big name besides Garcia.

LoveCity said:
George Hannah said:
LoveCity said:

But this is all assuming we sign Isco. We'd be allowed 17 non-homegrown and would have:

Willy, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Zaba, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Fernando, Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Navas, Isco, Negredo, Dzeko, Aguero, Jovetic

18 non-homegrown there, but only 17 allowed. Meaning one of those names would have to be not registered and not allowed to play Premier League football until January (and even then, what happens in January?). If it was Negredo, City are hoping to have him back before the end of September (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28402355" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28402355</a>), which means he couldn't play in October, November, December...

I read that as well, but having seen many a player with that sort of injury (some with fairly good medical care) take much longer to return from it, I think that timeline is very optimistic. And none of those players were obviously asked to perform at the level Negredo will be.

is this Isco business loan or purchase?

Assume it'd only be a loan because we'd buy him next summer when the sanctions are loosened?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.