And so it begins...

Kompany is King said:
LoveCity said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
An update of sorts, a positive one at that...

Liverpool are not interested in Isco.

Rodgers has briefed off the record today that he is not on the radar, having been asked by the pack in the States.

The goal is now wide open, we just need the player to accept the invitation!

And surely for a foreigner along with Garcia to be sold, otherwise we can't register Isco (all assuming we sign Mangala which puts us 1 over the quota)?

Surely we can register Isco. Just have to sell or not register an existing player.

Well, that's what I meant basically. It all seems easier said than done. Once you get past the obvious Garcia departure, it's hard to see who we could sacrifice for Isco.

Negredo? Injured for months, unlikely to be as in demand now.
Jovetic? No chance I'd guess, his versatility means he can play as a striker or elsewhere. Plus he and Dzeko may be our only fully fit forwards when the season begins.
Navas? City fans begged and screamed for pace and he remains our only direct speedster.
Demichelis? He is aging but even with Mangala arriving I feel Pellegrini will want Demichelis' experience and talent.

LoveCity said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Rodgers has briefed off the record today that he is not on the radar, having been asked by the pack in the States.

And surely for a foreigner along with Garcia to be sold, otherwise we can't register Isco (all assuming we sign Mangala which puts us 1 over the quota)?

Something like that, pal.

We should also hear tomorrow re Milner.

City have provided a briefing of their own today.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Great news.

What is the quota for the Champions League and what is the quota for the Premier League.

If we sell Garcia and drop Demichelis in the Champions League then surely that fits Isco in?

What about the Premier League?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
LoveCity said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Something like that, pal.

We should also hear tomorrow re Milner.

City have provided a briefing of their own today.

Interesting on Milner, we wait and see.

On Isco by my reckoning, assuming we sign Mangala, we need to shift 2 foreign players to make room in our Premier League squad and 3 for him to get into our Champions League squad. Seems like someone will be disappointed by the musical chairs. Also moving Nastasic on gets us money not space as he's on the B list.

I reckon Sagna might be in danger of missing out on the quota, especially if Richards stays as cover

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Bluewonder said:
I reckon Sagna might be in danger of missing out on the quota, especially if Richards stays as cover

Not a chance.

Micah is a goner, even if we have to pay half his wages on a 12 month loan somewhere.

Negredo could maybe miss out because of injury and still be registered in January.

Any concrete interest for Garcia yet, Tolmie?

bluesince76 said:
SebastianBlue said:
I wonder how much Douglas Costa's release clause is with Shaktar. Probably fairly high, and I believe Kia is his agent, so I am not sure it would be worth it, but he is a talented forward (wasted in Ukraine) and is currently refusing to return to his club (depending on what you believe it is either because of the conflict or because Kia wants to force a move away for more money).

Just general thoughts.
Don't see any issues with us signing a forward represented by Kia who goes on strike to get what he wants. Where do we sign?

In fairness, as I said above, no one knows for sure if it is just Kia working his "magic" or if he genuinely does not want to return to Ukraine (along with many other players, some of which are represented by Kia, for full disclosure).

It's likely a mix of both and is just an opportunistic maneuver by Kia to pray on their fears.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.