And so it begins...

Nightmare Walking said:
Bluwhit said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What we possibly can do I suppose is push yaya forward into the hole with Fernando and fernandinho behind him.

Hopefully we won't have this worry.

I hope that this is the set up against all the top teams particularly in CL with Nasri & DS either side of Yaya & a fit Aguero up front.

I would have Jovetic and Silva either side of Sergio
With a fit Jovetic (who can play deeper) and Fernando alongside Fernadinho releasing the Kraken farther upfield I think we're looking much better able to cover for Silva this season.

bondsman said:
I'd like to see isco more than ever after today. I know it was a friendly but silva needs support with the creative burden. Navas for me is not top class and could be replaced. Nasri is too hit and miss.

Have to disagree: Navas is top class but is in no way a replacement for Silva's role (just as Dzeko would be a poor replacement for Kun's role). His contribution is one of opening space, keeping the fullback penned (which was difficult to do against Arsenal as our centrebacks practically invited their midfielders to camp in our third meaning our fullbacks had to tuck back to cover and Navas had to stay around halfway to assure their fullback did not have free reign), providing an outlet for counter attacks (either directly or via a pass from one of our strikers holding up the ball), and putting in very, very good crosses.

Different roles and really should not be compared.

I do, however, agree that I wouldn't mind seeing Isco here. But I'm not sure we could keep everyone happy in that scenario.

Cityinmyheart said:
SkyBlueCanuck said:
Cityinmyheart said:
It seems 11 following activities are to be done then we are set.

1- Buy Mangala
2- Buy Zucilini Officialy
3- Buy(Loan) Lampard for six months
4- Loan Rekik
5- Loan Zucilini
6- Extend Dzeko's Contract
7- Extend Milner's Contract
8- Sell Javi Garcia
9- Sell Micah
10-Sell Guidetti
11-Sell Sinclair

I agree with what you have there as City's remaining "to do" list before wrapping up the transfer window (and perhaps the contract extensions could be done next month)... but I had reckoned that only a few small triffling matters remained... when it's written that way it seems like an awful lot still to accomplish. :/

3 is done and 2 is only an announcement away.

1,2 and 3 done.......rest are still remaining though 8 seems close....

A CM 4 of Fernandinho, Fernando, Rodwell and Garcia would not win the title.

Yaya must not be sold. Makes no sense. No-one will spend the money on him to make it worth it anyway.

I'd sell Garcia, loan Rodwell and go with Yaya, fernandinho, Fernando and Milner as our CMs

Signing a Gk as good as Cabellero as backup is overkill. No point when a HG player can be got for fuck all.

Foreign:
Zabaleta
Sagna
Kompany
(new CB)
Nastasic
MDM
Kolarov
Yaya
Fernandinho
Fernando
Nasri
Silva
Navas
(Sanchez or James Rodriguez)
Jovetic
Aguero
17)Dzeko

HG:
Hart
Wright
(new GK)
Clichy
Boyata
23)Milner

23 man squad + all the youngsters

Loan out (notably):
Lopes
Huws
Rodwell
Zuculini
Guidetti

Sell:
Richards 5-8m
Garcia 8-10m
Sinclair 2m
Negredo 20m

(Should get around 35-40m)

Buy:
HG GK eg. S. Given
Sagna 0m
Benatia 30m
Fernando 12m
Zuculini 1m
Sanchez 30m or James Rodriguez 40m?

(Should cost around 73-83m
= 43-48m NET)

-------------------------------------------------Aguero/Dzeko/Jovetic-----------

------------------------------Sanchez or James Rodriguez/Nasri/Silva/Navas

---------------------------------------Yaya/Fernando/Fernandinho/Milner

---------Kolarov/Clichy---------Benatia/Nastasic---------Kompany/Demichelis------Zabaleta/Sagna

--------------------------------------------------Hart/Given/Wright

I'd be very confident of a successful season if that was our squad[/quote]
I would be happy with your synopsis except for the GK comment - if we want to be a real contender for Champions League and compete on all fronts we need a top quality back up keeper to keep Joe on his toes. What happens if Joe has another loss of form or heaven forbid an injury that keeps him out for a month ? Let's keep to Pellegrini's philosophy - 2 quality players for each position - and get Caballero in. I am sure it will happen because so far the signings are addressing the weaknesses in our squad and GK cover and First team CB are the other priorities. If FFP allows then a bit more width on the left would also improve the squad but let's sort out the main requirements first.[/quote]

This was my thoughts from 3 weeks ago - we have now sorted the main requirements - if we sell Garcia and the other surplus players (Richards, Sinclair etc.) let's buy that left hand sided player as above that will mean Jimmy doesn't have to play out there and give us that other dimension/option that we have missed for so long. Then it would be a great transfer window all round.

Cityinmyheart said:
Cityinmyheart said:
SkyBlueCanuck said:
I agree with what you have there as City's remaining "to do" list before wrapping up the transfer window (and perhaps the contract extensions could be done next month)... but I had reckoned that only a few small triffling matters remained... when it's written that way it seems like an awful lot still to accomplish. :/

3 is done and 2 is only an announcement away.

1,2 and 3 done.......rest are still remaining though 8 seems close....

Silva just signed a new 5 year deal...

George Hannah said:
And so it ends - Manuel just confirmed that there are gonna be no more signings this window at the PL launch on SSN

Not going to stop a good old flappathon on deadline day. "Chelsea just signed X, nailed on for the league now". "X just rocked up at the rags, title favourites now for me", etc etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.