And so the glorious summer begins.

When i think of all those dark days, and now i look out of the window and for the first time in decades the sun really is shinning and the sky is a lovely shade of blue.

Tell me this is'nt a dream....plaese!

Bluemoon115 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I recall Hughes saying much the same thing last summer too.
And he did get it all done before the World Cup didn't he?
Very funny(if you look most of our buys ended up the end of July begining of Aug), it's something that all managers say to try to force transfers, if you say.......Ohhhhhhh we will me looking to do deals up until the last minute, selling clubs will feel no level of urgency and make no mistake as much as there are clubs that need to buy, there are also clubs despite what they might say need to sell.....

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
fbloke said:
Liverpool are in the toilet and Benitez has gone according to every newspaper on the planet.

Torres and Gerrard are close to the exit which leaves the bare bones of a squad for the new manager.

Arsenal are likely to lose Fabregas and are up against Mourinho and Real Madrid in the transfer market.

And City are hours away from announcing a decent signing or two (according to some very strong rumours all over the place).

Are we about to see the most fruitful of summers and the very best of times to be a Blue.

we are the most potent force in world football now, we have the recorces to acheive anything and everything: a fruitful history, tremendous and loyal support, a young successful manager, boundless wealth and a superb youth system over several countries.

dont let the media dampen your hopes, it is not a matter of time, its within 3 seasons that we will win several major honours

CTID

Sorry to disagree but till proper silverwear arrives at COM, City will just be a club with loads of money.

fbloke said:
Liverpool are in the toilet and Benitez has gone according to every newspaper on the planet.

Torres and Gerrard are close to the exit which leaves the bare bones of a squad for the new manager.

Arsenal are likely to lose Fabregas and are up against Mourinho and Real Madrid in the transfer market.

And City are hours away from announcing a decent signing or two (according to some very strong rumours all over the place).

Are we about to see the most fruitful of summers and the very best of times to be a Blue.

[rubbing hands with glee]

Bring it on!

gregglake said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:
we are the most potent force in world football now, we have the recorces to acheive anything and everything: a fruitful history, tremendous and loyal support, a young successful manager, boundless wealth and a superb youth system over several countries.

dont let the media dampen your hopes, it is not a matter of time, its within 3 seasons that we will win several major honours

CTID

Sorry to disagree but till proper silverwear arrives at COM, City will just be a club with loads of money.

The opposite of Liverpool and the rags then..but we know which club that are the real mover and shaker right now in PL and it´s neither of them.

gregglake said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:

CTID

Success in the modern game is driven by money, seeing as City have lots, that makes us well placed...............

Personally I think we've missed the boat by not getting 4th spot but I hope I'm wrong.

gregglake said:
Success in the modern game is driven by money, seeing as City have lots, that makes us well placed...............

being well placed is not enough(granted it helps massively), we wont be seen to be anything till the first pot is won.

tonea2003 said:

being well placed is not enough(granted it helps massively), we wont be seen to be anything till the first pot is won.
Having no money means you are fucked, as for how the outside world looks upoin us, it really matters not. Cast your mind back to the days of SGE and we shopped in the same market as Portsmouth and Boro, now its Inter and Barcelona.

tonea2003 said:
Having no money means you are fucked, as for how the outside world looks upoin us, it really matters not. Cast your mind back to the days of SGE and we shopped in the same market as Portsmouth and Boro, now its Inter and Barcelona.

not disputing that for one second, shopping in harrods instead of netto gives you a certain cudos i suppose, but nothing matters until silverware arrives. we are also rans, rich also rans, but also rans never the less

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.