And the ref for Sunday is........

ifiwasarichfan said:
bored at work said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Either just before the penalty incident or just after, their was a situation where in or around the centre circle he gave Southamton an advantage. They almost played a neat one -two but over hit the pass slightly; City regained possession - then he brought the play back for a free kick. This and the penalty were really the only errors I noticed. No arguments from me on any other decisons, bookings, free kicks - anything at all.

The error for the penalty though was perhaps the worst decision to go against us since Kompany's Red Card in the cup tie against United for the perfect tackle on Nani. I just don't see how they can allow him to have a game next weekend. He was so close and staring right at it. I am sure he tried his best and I am sure he is honest with no agenda but for such shocking decisions refs just have to be held accountable more than they are.

I always try to be honest and take my sky blue specs off when discussing refs and still even after all this time believe things will even themselves out but we have to have a much higher standard than what we are currently getting.

Augero got wiped out on the edge of the area after the "penalty" - nothing given, half expected him to be sent off

Fair do's I forgot that one. Should have been a free kick to us on the edge of the box with a good chance of a Yaya "special" and a word with the defender but not a booking for me.

bringing play back 50 yards for an offside when we were on the attack

wireblue said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
bored at work said:
Augero got wiped out on the edge of the area after the "penalty" - nothing given, half expected him to be sent off

Fair do's I forgot that one. Should have been a free kick to us on the edge of the box with a good chance of a Yaya "special" and a word with the defender but not a booking for me.

bringing play back 50 yards for an offside when we were on the attack

Hands up. He was more gash than I thought :)

ifiwasarichfan said:
bored at work said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Either just before the penalty incident or just after, their was a situation where in or around the centre circle he gave Southamton an advantage. They almost played a neat one -two but over hit the pass slightly; City regained possession - then he brought the play back for a free kick. This and the penalty were really the only errors I noticed. No arguments from me on any other decisons, bookings, free kicks - anything at all.

The error for the penalty though was perhaps the worst decision to go against us since Kompany's Red Card in the cup tie against United for the perfect tackle on Nani. I just don't see how they can allow him to have a game next weekend. He was so close and staring right at it. I am sure he tried his best and I am sure he is honest with no agenda but for such shocking decisions refs just have to be held accountable more than they are.

I always try to be honest and take my sky blue specs off when discussing refs and still even after all this time believe things will even themselves out but we have to have a much higher standard than what we are currently getting.

He didn't just get wiped out. If you look at the replay he was fouled, stayed on his feet and then wiped out. Nothing given, the only surprise was that he wasn't booked.
What else can you expect from a ref who lets a beach ball score.

And he was wrong in his interpretation of the law anyway. He blew up for the Aguero penalty incident, so why did he blow his whistle and award a free kick to Southampton? Referees should only blow their whistle for a 'penal' offence. A dive is not something that should be penalised, it is something that should be noted and gone back to when the ball is out of play.

His free kick against Sergio must have been because he thought Sergio had fouled their player. Either that, or he doesn't know the laws of the game, or how to apply them. I suspect the latter, and he should not referee at any decent standard until he can show an improvement in his basic understanding of the laws.

There are plenty of amateur referees who know better than to make that particular mistake.

Eli Panic said:
And he was wrong in his interpretation of the law anyway. He blew up for the Aguero penalty incident, so why did he blow his whistle and award a free kick to Southampton? Referees should only blow their whistle for a 'penal' offence. A dive is not something that should be penalised, it is something that should be noted and gone back to when the ball is out of play.

His free kick against Sergio must have been because he thought Sergio had fouled their player. Either that, or he doesn't know the laws of the game, or how to apply them. I suspect the latter, and he should not referee at any decent standard until he can show an improvement in his basic understanding of the laws.

There are plenty of amateur referees who know better than to make that particular mistake.
That's a very good point. Even if he thought Aguero had dived but the ball was still in play, then there was no reason to blow his whistle. Plus Fonte virtually signed a confession when he pointed to try and claim the foul was outside the area. So he either made a complete botch-up of it or he blew for a penalty then realised he wasn't meant to do that (due to some external instruction) and his only way out was to book Aguero. The way he pulled play back when Mangala burst through, also in the first half, tends to suggest to me something more sinister than just ignorance of the laws.

But even if we discount any malign intent on Jones' part, then the answer is that he's ignorant of the laws of the game (which he's previously been guilty of anyway as I pointed out on page 1) which is completely unacceptable at this level. I hope the club have a strong word with Mike Riley later today but they shouldn't need to. Jones needs to be dropped from the Elite group at the very least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.