André

The club will be and it will need addressing
Gonna be hard pressed to sell the 'if/when we get injuries you can make the bench' angle for the quality we need and keep everyone happy. They'll fuck the cwc off and send the kids/fringe i reckon. its a stupid idea tbh

CWC wont matter, pep wont be here as it stands.
Pep has already spoken about how physically difficult the expanded CWC will be on "My players".

He's spoken of the importance of the Academy with not only providing crucial funds, but unearthing gems like Foden & Lewis, & that he hopes to see more make the grade.

He's also spoken of not wanting City to win the Champions League & disappear like many before us. He wants us to be there or there abouts in semis/finals, season after season like Real.

He's got everything he could wish for at City & recently said in an interview: "Everyday when I drive through the gates, it makes me fuckin happy".

His short-term contract extensions are just the way he likes to operate so that neither he, the squad or the club take each other for granted.

Last edited:
Pep has already spoken about how physically difficult the expanded CWC will be on "My players".

He's spoken of the importance of the Academy with not only providing crucial funds, but unearthing gems like Foden & Lewis, & that he hopes to see more make the grade.

He's got everything he could wish for at City & recently said in an interview: "Everyday when I drive through the gates, it makes me fuckin happy".

His short-term contract extensions are just the way he likes to operate so that neither he, the squad or the club take each other for granted.
yeah, even if he extends I expect that CWC will be treated as a friendly tournament and most of the EDS will go,

we might get a couple of players in and out this window, but the squad wont ever be bigger than this imo. (22 or so, and then kids).

Last edited:
If we got the right Philips replacement, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Rodri could move further forward when attacking & drop back If needed when defending.

Regardless, as things stand our trusted central midfield is Rodri, Bernardo, KDB, & Foden. We're essentially 2 short at a minimum even if Kovacic (as a maybe) is included.

Kev being injured has left us cruelly exposed at times. At our best & strongest, the likes of Nunes wouldn't get a look in, & Kovacic would be struggling for game time.

We're a couple of signings away from rectifying this. The last thing we need is to limp through the next two seasons with Kova, Philips & Nunes, whereby we'd need major surgery to fix our midfield.

I'd have no issues axing 2-3 of the aforementioned & bringing in top quality replacements, regardless of how little time they've been here.

This is why I'd take Paulinha now when I wasn't sure in the Summer, Rodri was very effective further forward early in the season when he had Kovacic helping him out. Paulinha can be the Nigel de Jong that lets Rodri become the White Yaya.

If we got the right Philips replacement, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Rodri could move further forward when attacking & drop back If needed when defending.

Regardless, as things stand our trusted central midfield is Rodri, Bernardo, KDB, & Foden. We're essentially 2 short at a minimum even if Kovacic (as a maybe) is included.

Kev being injured has left us cruelly exposed at times. At our best & strongest, the likes of Nunes wouldn't get a look in, & Kovacic would be struggling for game time.

We're a couple of signings away from rectifying this. The last thing we need is to limp through the next two seasons with Kova, Philips & Nunes, whereby we'd need major surgery to fix our midfield.

I'd have no issues axing 2-3 of the aforementioned & bringing in top quality replacements, regardless of how little time they've been here.
That may well be true, but it won't happen in January, that sort of squad changing will only happen in summer. Will just tinker at best in January.

yeah, even if he extends I expect that CWC will be treated as a friendly tournament and most of the EDS will go,

we might get a couple of players in and out this window, but the squad wont ever be bigger than this imo. (22 or so, and then kids).
I fear Pep will treat the expanded CWC as another trophy to be won.

FIFA are envious of the PL & CL, & wants in on the seasonly big tournament money.

Players need rest. Just today there's an interview with Bernardo saying how worried he is about overplaying, & having no time to rest & recover.

Screenshot_20231219_141455_Chrome.jpg

Bernardo Silva has warned football may pay a heavy price for the expansion of the Club World Cup to 32 teams from 2025 onwards, saying the quality of matches will dip amid an increasingly unmanageable workload and admitting the fixture list’s demands already leave him feeling tired.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-club-world-cup-expansion-amid-crazy-schedule

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.