André

Defensive player looking average against City? He was playing with 3 pensioners in defence behind him too!

Not sure our decision will be based on tonight’s performance.
Funny I thought he was great before I read this thread. I actually quiped on the match thread that their #7 caught my eye. And it was him

Funny I thought he was great before I read this thread. I actually quiped on the match thread that their #7 caught my eye. And it was him
It’s not the game to judge him on though.

I hope that in 15 years time, when our back 4 are 35-40, that they aren’t building up from our own goal line.

Whilst their build up was ballsy and didn’t fully break down, they didn’t create much from being more insane than we are at it.

Andre didn’t make mistakes and looked neat and tidy, but he didn’t influence the game much either.

It’s not the game to judge him on though.

I hope that in 15 years time, when our back 4 are 35-40, that they aren’t building up from our own goal line.

Whilst their build up was ballsy and didn’t fully break down, they didn’t create much from being more insane than we are at it.

Andre didn’t make mistakes and looked neat and tidy, but he didn’t influence the game much either.
His composure, ability to protect the ball under immense pressure from Alvarez and Lewis on multiple occasions, his ability to shift his body position to create passing lanes to get the ball away all struck me as excellent.

He looked like the kinda player that would have been successful against the press of Liverpool from 5 years ago at Anfield.

I personally see a great Rodri backup in him. It's one game against a very good pressing team. But he stood out to me in his consistent ability to 1) break our press consistently, and 2) his willingness to show for a pass in the most dangerous positions (i.e. in their own 6 yard box) collect the ball and hold it and use the ball with no fear or panic, all struck me as fantastic qualities in a DM.

He'll be great at City. I don't know what many were watching, but he looked like the Rodri backup we've all been dreaming about.

He is a straight up good footballer.

His composure, ability to protect the ball under immense pressure from Alvarez and Lewis on multiple occasions, his ability to shift his body position to create passing lanes to get the ball away all struck me as excellent.

He looked like the kinda player that would have been successful against the press of Liverpool from 5 years ago at Anfield.

I personally see a great Rodri backup in him. It's one game against a very good pressing team. But he stood out to me in his consistent ability to 1) break our press consistently, and 2) his willingness to show for a pass in the most dangerous positions (i.e. in their own 6 yard box) collect the ball and hold it and use the ball with no fear or panic, all struck me as fantastic qualities in a DM.

He'll be great at City. I don't know what many were watching, but he looked like the Rodri backup we've all been dreaming about.

He is a straight up good footballer.
That side was great, I agree. They still conceded 4 goals though. I’d have to watch more of him to see how he is defensively.

That side was great, I agree. They still conceded 4 goals though. I’d have to watch more of him to see how he is defensively.
Yes, we are a far superior team tactically. I'm not sure the number of goals they conceeded said anything about any particular player, unless said player was the error prone reason for the goals.

Can't say with a 100% certainty now, but I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals.

He looked quite good overall to me.

Yes looked useful on those roll outs from the keeper and quick switch as Rodri is. The kind of stuff Kalv doesn't excel at. Can see why he could fit in but yep would be nice to what else he can do.

Yes, we are a far superior team tactically. I'm not sure the number of goals they conceeded said anything about any particular player, unless said player was the error prone reason for the goals.

Can't say with a 100% certainty now, but I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals.

He looked quite good overall to me.
check the highlights on the city website & I am pretty sure he was the last man coming out (no 7) for our first goal , playing Alvarez onside & then for the second goal hes the one who runs away from Foden (towards the ref) & leaves a huge space for the pass to Phil for the second goal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.