André

check the highlights on the city website & I am pretty sure he was the last man coming out (no 7) for our first goal , playing Alvarez onside & then for the second goal hes the one who runs away from Foden (towards the ref) & leaves a huge space for the pass to Phil for the second goal
You are right. He was the last man coming out. And he did exit the space for the 2nd and lost the aerial battle just before the 3rd and was the guy Alvarez dribbled for the 4th.

So he was in fact at fault for every goal. So I stand corrected.
Still love him on the ball though.

You are right. He was the last man coming out. And he did exit the space for the 2nd and lost the aerial battle just before the 3rd and was the guy Alvarez dribbled for the 4th.

tbh I think any young midfielder in that team against quality opposition is going to have problems especially with the way they play out from the back & given the age of a lot of those players. I didnt check the other goals tbf & I dont judge any player on one game especially against ourselves !! but as you say he looked confident/comfortable on the ball

It’s not the game to judge him on. If we had him, we’d train him to not do that in the 5 games where we get manically pressed.

Yes, we are a far superior team tactically. I'm not sure the number of goals they conceeded said anything about any particular player, unless said player was the error prone reason for the goals.

Can't say with a 100% certainty now, but I don't think he was at fault for any of the goals.

He looked quite good overall to me.

He was at fault, in some capacity, for the first two goals - horribly exposed. But I won't judge him for that. Not against Manchester City.

Looked good in highlights but seeing him against us he is way way way way way off the level we need and if we buy him in January expecting him to be able to fill in for Rodri our transfer recruitment team are dangerously fucking stupid and all need firing.

His composure, ability to protect the ball under immense pressure from Alvarez and Lewis on multiple occasions, his ability to shift his body position to create passing lanes to get the ball away all struck me as excellent.

He looked like the kinda player that would have been successful against the press of Liverpool from 5 years ago at Anfield.

I personally see a great Rodri backup in him. It's one game against a very good pressing team. But he stood out to me in his consistent ability to 1) break our press consistently, and 2) his willingness to show for a pass in the most dangerous positions (i.e. in their own 6 yard box) collect the ball and hold it and use the ball with no fear or panic, all struck me as fantastic qualities in a DM.

He'll be great at City. I don't know what many were watching, but he looked like the Rodri backup we've all been dreaming about.

He is a straight up good footballer.

Not trying to have a go but its weird how two people can watch the same game and have such different opinions. I thought he was way out of his depth, the game completely passed him by and he had no impact at all stopping our attacks. He was tidy in possession but I've never seen a Brazilian player that isn't!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.