Andy Burnham on Radio M/C

Chief Constable of Greater Manchester on Radio Manchester next Wednesday 9 am. Could do with him asking his mate from Liverpool to join him.

I see Mr Burnham is glad that Jose Mourinho ended up getting the push as he was very vocal about the traffic problems in Manchester. Apparently Maureen highlighting this will be bad for Manchester as it will stop people wanting to invest in the city.

Why don’t you fix the roads Andy instead of giving sound bites?

I see Mr Burnham is glad that Jose Mourinho ended up getting the push as he was very vocal about the traffic problems in Manchester. Apparently Maureen highlighting this will be bad for Manchester as it will stop people wanting to invest in the city.

He cant fix fcuk all he has no power!

The roads of Manchester have and will always be knackered beyond repair.

The roads of Manchester have and will always be knackered beyond repair.

At no time have Manchester's roads been "knackered beyond repair". The lack of a coherent long term strategy and sufficient funding is the problem.

Last edited:
At no time have Manchester's roads been "knackered beyond repair". The lack of a coherent long term strategy and sufficient funding is the problem.

Come on you can spin it all you like the traffic and roads are horrific.
And now this clown Burnham thinks he can come up with a master plan.
The city's transport infrastructure is disgraceful and costs the economy millions.
No wonder people are thinking twice about accepting jobs in Manchester, you may as Well stay at home.

Come on you can spin it all you like the traffic and roads are horrific.
And now this clown Burnham thinks he can come up with a master plan.
The city's transport infrastructure is disgraceful and costs the economy millions.
No wonder people are thinking twice about accepting jobs in Manchester, you may as Well stay at home.

Don't accuse me of spinning anything. I replied to your post, "The roads of Manchester have and will always be knackered beyond repair".

This is patently not true. Unless you can enlighten me why they are unrepairable.

I am also not sure what "masterplan" you think the "clown Burnham" has come up with. As far as I can see he is demanding more power similar to those of the London Mayor as currently he has said he cant solve anything without these powers.

As I said, it is the lack of a coherent strategy and sufficient finance that is the problem.

Last edited:
Don't accuse me of spinning anything. I replied to your post, "The roads of Manchester have and will always be knackered beyond repair".

This is patently not true. Unless you can enlighten me why they are unrepairable.

As I said, it is the lack of a coherent strategy and sufficient finance that is the problem.
80s shorts , so who do you blame for the City's/ GM county's poor public transport infrastructure ?

Exactly what I've done, 9 mile drive into Manchester at rush hour is over an hour, then £24 for centre parking for the day, thank god the trains are so reliable.

Working from home, the commute is still a woman, but only cos I can't walk very well in my slippers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.