Andy Carroll / Girondins Bordeaux

He played for Newcastle youth team in a FA Youth Cup semi final at the Ethiad against City - about 15+ years ago ?
Obviously a big lad, but very skillful and a real handfull.
City drew the game, but won the tie. Think Liverpool beat City in the Final ?
He was impressive and looked destined to make it.
Shame he got injured so often, but didn't he have issues at Newcastle, off the pitch when he got into the first team ?
Didn’t realise he played in those games. Went to the home game.

What sorts of crowds are they getting in that division ?

(and do thousands leave early to beat the traffic ?)
First two home games were played at a different ground behind closed doors. But the one home game at the Matmut had 11k there. I think they can only take upto 15k if i read correctly a couple of weeks back.

I liked Big Andy Carroll. Did alright for Liverpool in the end, despite a slow start, not helped by that price tag, and got into the England squad for Euro 2012. Rodgers got rid of him because he didn't fit his style. A bit of a victim of the "Pepification" of football, where everyone wants to play out of the back (without considering whether they can actually do it) dominate possession (despite creating very little) and if you dare go long to a big striker (even though it can be effective) you get tagged as a dinosaur and sneered at by all the football hipsters on twitter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.