Andy Mitten M.E.N Success comes at a price

philiph20 said:
http://www.afinelung.com/?p=4394

The above article is from the Guardian Facebook page, it seems that some of the 'sussed and sorted' brigade aren't over impressed with their fellow 'fans'.

To be honest at least those out of towners do actually pass through the turnstiles at the sty unlike the many thousands of Greater Manchester 'reds' clad in their AON tops in their local everytime they are on and who in many instances have never even watched them in the flesh.

We are NOTHING like them , they are cowards, lemmings who take the easy option, people who are desperate to 'belong' and fit in..utter pond life!. For the life of me i can't understand that clown Andeh Mittohn saying that our fans didn't seem bothered when we won the league, contrast the colour and the emotion and the nerves to that bunch of black clad bald 40 somethings at Sunderland looking ever so moody whilst singing the numerous nursery rhymes by that well known attention seeking fat Guardanista vegie from Stockport....chalk and cheese.
Brilliant and so very very true.

bluemanc said:
Gary James said:
It is a little disappointing that we don't have a City fan in a similar position writing regular features for the MEN. There are plenty of decent City writers around (I'd certainly be interested in writing a regular piece of course and I guess I'm not the only one) and it would be great to see a Blue have a similar column.

Ah well.
I've actually had a decent chat with a few of the journo's on that paper other than Stu about un-balanced articles on City & fair play to them they admitted the "topic" was always given to them & they just had to find the words,one even said he was bored with it.
Not that i'm defending Mitten,he seems to believe in his twisted logic that we've actually asked for him to write about us,strange.
If a so called football journo is bored with it,perhaps he should pursue a different career path.

I do not mind the fella writing what he likes but using his job as a platform to basically slag us at any juncture is not on.

This is nothing more than the ramblings of any one of hundreds of footy blogs.
I wouldn't even mind if he is red and objective but he just is not.

On principle my MEN buying days are over until they at least have objective and balanced articles.
The homeless dude i see outside Victoria station will be a few quid a week better off.

I am not one of the agenda brigade but i am a member of the decent reporting brigade.

Didn't bother reading it, but wanted to ask if he mentioned any of the following:

Oil
Money
Moneybags
Mercenaries
Rich man
Buy anyone
Sugar Daddy
Will get bored

?

"United’s success created millions of haters" - ? - No it didn't ! Having thousands of armchair, gobshite fans who've never been to a game and have the "world's greatest football club/divine right mentality created millions of haters. Long before utd were actually successful. If anything, I hated them less when they actually were the best team.

Hang on....I read that start of this laughing that the 'fan talk' section on the paper is bound to have such pathetic views and wouldn't have been surprised if the blue view wasn't as biased.

You're surely not telling me that is an article by an employed writer? Wow, I don't buy the MEN for various reasons (football a big part) but after reading that just realised how bad it has for now.

It used to be the Manchester Guardian it's now more like the Manchester Express or Star.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.