Andy Morrison on Sky

Thanks for the history lesson. I was not aware of the Bluemoon match history section.
I found this from a report on a game 7 November 1998 in the Nationwide Division 2 - "
from THE GOOD, THE MAD AND THE UGLY, THE ANDY MORRISON STORY By Andy Morrison with David Clayton
… I enjoyed the midweek training in the run up to Oldham Athletic a way at the weekend. Again the planning was meticulous and we dealt with all the possible scenarios that might crop up at Boundary Park. Better still, everything went to plan and we won 3-0 and I managed to score my second goal in two games. Only this time it was the goal of my life The ball was lofted out of the Oldham defence and it bounced straight to me. I headed it back over one of their players to Shaun Goater, who nodded it back to me and, as it fell to my foot, I struck a 25 yard volley into the top left hand corner of the net. The whole ground erupted with what seemed like all four stands celebrating.
Sorry I got the story wrong but my memory of the goal is still intact even if he didn't score a second one on that day.
it is great to see Andy back on the tv. Once a City hero, always a City hero in whatever era.
I was in the Chaddy End where he scored, the joys of an Oldham postcode to get a ticket, half the stand was City.

A guy behind us with 2 teenage daughters sat in seats which said season tickets on (not the best time to cause a scene) early in the game had a moan about me & my mate being there and told us we should fuck off to the other end....my mate just looked at him and said quietly "Remember next week I'll be at City somewhere but every Oldham game we'll know where you're sat".

Colour drained from his face.

As for the goal, brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.