anfield and goodison park.

manimanc

after visiting friends on the wirral and going into liverpool to take in some beatles history,i decided to show my eight year old lad liverpool and evertons grounds(as football and city are fast taking over his life) on the way home and to be honest driving around anfield was a real eye opener,rows of empty terraced houses,concrete decay,fronts of houses missing...now to me it didn`t look like the workmen were ready to move in asap,it looked like it had been that way for some time though i must say the area around goodison wasn`t like anfield at all,me and the mrs was in shock at the state of the area,especially as only a few miles away the centre of liverpool has had a major overhaul and looks quite modern...i`d just like to throw the question out to anybody who has been to anfield and goodison,how was your experience visiting the scousers?

Yeah, Anfield and the district of Everton are such run down places... as compared with the affluence and opulence of, say, Moss Side and Beswick!

Although Goodison can raise a decent atmosphere the ground is horrible and needs a major overhall. I know it takes £££ to do this but i'm sure last time i went a couple of seasons back they had wooden seats.

manimanc said:
after visiting friends on the wirral and going into liverpool to take in some beatles history,i decided to show my eight year old lad liverpool and evertons grounds(as football and city are fast taking over his life) on the way home and to be honest driving around anfield was a real eye opener,rows of empty terraced houses,concrete decay,fronts of houses missing...now to me it didn`t look like the workmen were ready to move in asap,it looked like it had been that way for some time though i must say the area around goodison wasn`t like anfield at all,me and the mrs was in shock at the state of the area,especially as only a few miles away the centre of liverpool has had a major overhaul and looks quite modern...i`d just like to throw the question out to anybody who has been to anfield and goodison,how was your experience visiting the scousers?
Why was your mrs in shock?

Liverpool FC own a lot of the houses around the ground and have done for many years, it was a previous plan for developing the old Anfield.... and since the yanks have put them in so much debt I think the decaying houses are the least of their worries.

Went to both on Saturday doing a charity bike ride around the 8 North West Prem clubs. From the other 6 grounds we got encouragement on route and a warm welcome at reception etc. Soon as we enter Liverpool, we had abuse shouted at us and I quote some scumbag scouser in his shitty chavmobile ' What are you Manc twats doing in Scouselands with those Christies Manchester T-Shirts on' Wankers lot of them, hope they both get relegated.

brianstrousers said:
manimanc said:
Why was your mrs in shock?
she`s a blue as well and nearly choked to death on her silver spoon...

Richard said:
Went to both on Saturday doing a charity bike ride around the 8 North West Prem clubs. From the other 6 grounds we got encouragement on route and a warm welcome at reception etc. Soon as we enter Liverpool, we had abuse shouted at us and I quote some scumbag scouser in his shitty chavmobile ' What are you Manc twats doing in Scouselands with those Christies Manchester T-Shirts on' Wankers lot of them, hope they both get relegated.

A very sad state of affairs that

went to anfield with my son and daughter last year as they had never been before
the seats we were in allowed us to see nothing higher than the crossbar at the kop end

then when we had to stand it became below the crossbar
both had been looking forward to see anfield and all its 'history' and both came back thinking of it as a dump

fortunately neither have gone to the real dump that is goodison, where if you do get a view you are one of the luckiest alive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.