anfield and goodison park.

Eccles Blue said:
Anfield, a good ground, excellent stewards and police, ready to have a bit of good natured banter. Fans were great.

Goodison, terrible ground, police not bad, miserable stewards who wouldn't know what a smile is if their lives depended on it. Fans: apart from Birmingham City fans these are the scariest fans in the country.

I tell it like it is. Been going to Anfield and Goodison for years and never had any problem with Liverpool fans but Everton are worse than Trafford United fans.
Your right it's amazing how unalike they are as trips and while Anfield could do with some money being spent on it, Everton is simply no longer fit for purpose.

Eccles Blue said:
Goodison, terrible ground, police not bad, miserable stewards who wouldn't know what a smile is if their lives depended on it. Fans: apart from Birmingham City fans these are the scariest fans in the country.

I tell it like it is. Been going to Anfield and Goodison for years and never had any problem with Liverpool fans but Everton are worse than Trafford United fans.

I hated going to Everton during the seventies ... you could never quite be sure how many City fans would turn up , and segregation in the Park End of Goodison was non-existent , something that Everton yobs were never slow in taking advantage of.

But if i'm honest i found getting back to the station after a game at Leeds even more daunting.

Eccles Blue said:
Anfield, a good ground, excellent stewards and police, ready to have a bit of good natured banter. Fans were great.

I've found this to be the case too.

Been to Anfield several times with City and always encountered nothing but good-banter and friendliness from the red dippers.
Even went into a nearby social club/supporter's club once in my City shirt straight after we'd got a result there.
Got a couple of pints bought for me by strangers and had several guys compliment our style of play and wish us well for the rest of the season.

Whereas at Goodison the atmosphere is always bitter, negative and a bit nasty.
Even in the home end (with Everton-supporting mates) I hated every second in there on the few occasions I went. Hate the club. Loathe the fans.

Well considering you spend most of your time laughign at both Everton and Liverpools finances is it a surprise. To be honest most of our stewards are pissed or stoned during the match and our toilets smell like Bob Marleys greenhouse. Anfield isn't an area you want to walk round unless your a local but largely I'd say both fans are reasonably freindly. There are around 30 pubs in close vicinity of GP and Anfield which you don't get at other grounds. Think it's bit hypocritical to call us unfreindly. Your police are some of the worst in the country and seem to be no different from your scallies herding us around everywhere. Would you prefer United stewards or Newcastle stewards that seem to want to throw the whole ground out. Never been to United although from what I here it's not particuarly freindly. I have to say I don't like away days at COMS. Nowhere to drink near the ground, unpleasant policing, unpleasant atmosphere I'd actually say it's the least freindly ground in the premiership. Your surrounded either side by 2 groups of supporters that spend the whole game trying to make the game uncomfortable for the away fans by continually goading them for a reaction which often happens. Crowd trouble seems to happen far more frequently in your ground than in either Anfield or GP. When you leave your ground to go the coaches theres usually fans shouting obcenities over the fence. I've been to various grounds like Stoke, West Ham and even Spurs and found them freindlier. Overall I'd say naturally due to the rivalry between the 2 cities we both experience more hostility when we play each other than the average away game.

standupefc said:
Well considering you spend most of your time laughign at both Everton and Liverpools finances is it a surprise. To be honest most of our stewards are pissed or stoned during the match and our toilets smell like Bob Marleys greenhouse. Anfield isn't an area you want to walk round unless your a local but largely I'd say both fans are reasonably freindly. There are around 30 pubs in close vicinity of GP and Anfield which you don't get at other grounds. Think it's bit hypocritical to call us unfreindly. Your police are some of the worst in the country and seem to be no different from your scallies herding us around everywhere. Would you prefer United stewards or Newcastle stewards that seem to want to throw the whole ground out. Never been to United although from what I here it's not particuarly freindly. I have to say I don't like away days at COMS. Nowhere to drink near the ground, unpleasant policing, unpleasant atmosphere I'd actually say it's the least freindly ground in the premiership. Your surrounded either side by 2 groups of supporters that spend the whole game trying to make the game uncomfortable for the away fans by continually goading them for a reaction which often happens. Crowd trouble seems to happen far more frequently in your ground than in either Anfield or GP. When you leave your ground to go the coaches theres usually fans shouting obcenities over the fence. I've been to various grounds like Stoke, West Ham and even Spurs and found them freindlier. Overall I'd say naturally due to the rivalry between the 2 cities we both experience more hostility when we play each other than the average away game.
Your welcome to not come.......

I'm only a young'un so I can only speak from my limited experience of going to away games the last few years.

Liverpool was perfectly friendly, decent copper, nice stewards, good banter.

And Everton I found to be not too bad either. Always go for a few drinks in the Arkles or somewhere similar in my City shirt, no mither. Police came in the pubs around Lime Street station a few times and a few lads tend to get nicked for no reason,which I always think is well out of order, but isn't specific to Merseyside. Walk down to the ground and it's friendly enough, bit of banter with the locals. Inside the ground obviously there's always a bit of verbals (everyones a hard man across a police cordon) and the atmosphere can be a bit hostile, which is only to be expected with the rivalry between City and Everton. But overall I can't say I found Goodison to be very unfriendly at all.

As I said though I'm only young so I wasn;t subjected to the good (or bad) old days of the 70s or 80s when football violence was in full flow. I'm sure others have other opinions.

I've been in pubs round Goodison with Everton-supporting mates and usually travel to the match on the Soccerbus and never had any trouble at all. In fact it's always been a great laugh.

But I do wonder what impact Gollum's whingeing had on Everton fans' attitude towards us? Managers need ot think before they speak, particularly about other clubs.

only been anfield twice was great + good banter with their fans
goodison park on the other hand....their ground is a dump only met one alright everton fan and thats one of my ex's!

Been to both many, many times. Both used to be nasty places to go to back in the 70's and 80's. Nowadays, don't have a problem with either and the pubs around the grounds and their customers generally very welcoming.

It's interesting to see an Everton viewpoint on visiting our place as an away fan and can see his point - only a few pubs within walking distance (with most of those having a 'home fan only' policy), the GMP, the away end set up etc. etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.