Anfield on Sunday - a test of resolve character and strength

ayrshire_blue

We've lost tonight. It's over with, finished. There's no point on dwelling on it. We can still qualify but its out of our hands.

What's 1000000 times as important in the long run is how we bounce back to this on Sunday. We've suffered our poorest result of the season at a critical time, how we respond will show us what we are made of and our true title credentials.

The worst possible thing to happen now is for tonights result to have a knock on effect in the league. We need every player to be back on Sunday giving it 100% otherwise we'll have slipped up in the league too. Things can change so quickly. Get straight back into it and don't let the heads go down.

How you react in difficult circumstances will have a big say not only for Sunday but on the wider scale of things.

I'm sure the lucky folks who are going will get right behind us on Sunday, and so they should.

Come on City, CTID.

Totally agree Ayreshire. Its how we deal with a bad result which is important and from what I see I have no worries in seeing us dusting ourselves down and getting back to winning ways. No better way than stuffing Liverpool on there own patch. We will get knocked pillar to post after that defeat but in my eyes it will galvanise us. We was always going to have a knock along the way and I suspected it was going to be tonight. This run of hard games will no doubt show our true credentials and I have plenty of optimism.

agreed, I felt when we scored the last minute goal against Villarreal it took us into the derby with added confidence and look what happened, now we need to make sure we bounce back and take care of Liverpool.

I always thought that todays game would be a lot harder that sundays. No doubt it will be tough, Liverpool are always up for the big games. Cant say id be dissapointed with a point

Well said fella. Totally agree. Bit pissed off, bit sore but up for weekend like a good 'un.

said this before, liverpool will be massively up for it but we need our concentration, focus and motivation to be back on top. i fear a loss on sunday, but in mancini we trust.

Having watched a lot of footie on tele this season[one of the few perks of being out of work] i think we are are by far the best team in the Premiership. The Rags are average at best,but still have that that Fergie winning mentality. Chelsea nowt special these days.- Arsenal pretty but brittle and lacking bottle-Spurs, beatable at home! ! As for Liverpool--plenty of effort but no real quality.
We'll stuff 'em.! It's not so much about resolve these days with City[especially with the compettion we've got for places] but we have the best squad in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.