Angel Di Maria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always admired him. He gives 100% in every match, might inspire some players to put a bit more of an effort in. Him, Navas and Negredo would be great against Stoke-like teams; pace, crossing and power. He's not very big but he also put a shift in defensively.

I'd rather see Lopes blooded into the first team. I rate him very highly and he has the potential to play at a high level for us for a very long time.

Mr. Aguia said:
But Lopes isn't really a winger. Right now we only have 1 in the squad and he's an upgrade over Navas. Would be good to have another pacey option that would provide width.

Having watched both quite a lot in Spain--and now Navas with us--I wouldn't say Di Maria is an upgrade to Navas. He is a winger, yes, but he is more direct (sometimes selfish) and is not quite as gifted in his crossing. His shot is better and long passing slightly more effective.

I am not saying I would not have him but I think we need strengthening else where first (rightback, centreback, and centre midfielder).

And Lopes can play very effectively on the wing (though, not pacey, he can beat a defender with consistency).

Talk Di Maria back on the radar - like him a lot as a player but not sure how he fits in with the players we have ..... CB should be priority ...

Mr. Aguia said:
But Lopes isn't really a winger. Right now we only have 1 in the squad and he's an upgrade over Navas. Would be good to have another pacey option that would provide width.
I don't know about being an upgrade over Navas but the comparison is pointless anyway since Di Maria is left sided and Navas is right.
Do we need him? Swings and roundabouts really since Lopez can play on the left and Nasri will be back in a couple of months. If we did get him then we could rotate Nasri and Silva in the center and Lopez and Di Maria on the left maybe?

Considering how often Kolarov, even though he is inform currently, plays LW, it might seem that we lack someone playing that position naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.