Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been critical of our full backs for a while now but I keep seeing the same patterns no matter the personnel. In Walker, Cancelo, Mendy and Angelino, we have 4 full backs who are better at attacking than defending, yet they don’t do any attacking. It is like it gets coached out of them. So we end up left with full backs, who are forced to primarily do something they are not very good at. Not fit for purpose.

I have been critical of our full backs for a while now but I keep seeing the same patterns no matter the personnel. In Walker, Cancelo, Mendy and Angelino, we have 4 full backs who are better at attacking than defending, yet they don’t do any attacking. It is like it gets coached out of them. So we end up left with full backs, who are forced to primarily do something they are not very good at. Not fit for purpose.
This is the fault of the manager imo.

You can't buy 4 fullbacks and not utilize them effectively.

We have attacking fullbacks as you said, and he asks them to predominantly play inverted and support and not actually attack that much, considering our lack of wingers I'm not understanding how Pep doesn't come to the obvious conclusion of letting our fullbacks provide the width.

He literally did this last season, and played Mendy LWB with Aguero and Jesus up top, and before Mendy's injury, it was quite successful. I'm so confused.

I dont blame him for the goal, he was already facing one player, then his team mate came and told him to leave the one he is marking and run to the other player which gave Shakhtar the time and space to create the chance.

If my team mate is marking someone and I saw another player running, then I should go and mark the other player instead of telling him leave this one for me and you go close the other one.

With the possible exception of Zinchenko, I don’t think any of the others are comfortable playing as ‘false’ full-backs.

With the possible exception of Zinchenko, I don’t think any of the others are comfortable playing as ‘false’ full-backs.

Zinchenko has his own issues but I agree with you, in the current set up, he is the only one that looks remotely comfortable doing what the manager is clearly asking.

Zinchenko has his own issues but I agree with you, in the current set up, he is the only one that looks remotely comfortable doing what the manager is clearly asking.

Agree with you on this and that's as Zinchenko is a midfielder by trade. He is far more comfortable in possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.