Angelino

Well after talking him up for a while I'm glad people are realizing what a talent he is...

The potential PR positivity from this if we kept him and it turned out to be a success is immense. Young lads would see that leaving City with a buyback clause after a few loans isn't a dead pathway. They'll also see via Foden that you can get into the first team too directly from the academy. Suddenly we would have had both pathways validated. We would have essentially paid PSV a few million to develop him into a squad player for us, which is absolutely fuck all.

Look at this way: about £7m net for a HG, club-trained left-back in a problem position with loads of potential to get better who is also one of the best attacking young FBs in European football? We'd be mad not to activate that clause and keep him around for a year at least.

Double like.

I'll be absolutely delighted if this happens. Other than aerially,, he is better than Zinchenko in every aspect, in that position.

Still doesn't mean he is guaranteed to hack the Premier League, but as a City youth player, he ALWAYS deserved the chance, to find out.

Worst case can sell next season for more than 12m. This season he'd be a bonus squad player with the potential to grab this opportunity.

Hope this is true.

As Ajax Ajax I followed him last year in the Dutch league. He's a great player, he's got a crazy crosses , a young man with huge potential and no less important - HG. Sound like an excellent deal, the question is what we will do with 3 LB. Zin is in negotiations to extend the contract and no onewill take Mendi

As Ajax Ajax I followed him last year in the Dutch league. He's a great player, he's got a crazy crosses , a young man with huge potential and no less important - HG. Sound like an excellent deal, the question is what we will do with 3 LB. Zin is in negotiations to extend the contract and no onewill take Mendi

He was at PSV last season, not Ajax so you can't have been following him that closely ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.