Angelino

Don’t think Angelino is as fast as Walker but he’s certainly no slouch. If you watch the highlights against PSG, 44th minute, you’ll see that he was quite quick covering the length of the pitch.

Won’t change the minds of those already entrenched in their opposition, but visual evidence may help others form their own minds. Commentary in Dutch, I’m afraid.

Barca rumours started, City wants around 25m (GBP).
Thats the same as the option in the loan deal with Leipzig.

Have a feeling that 25m is more than what we would get for Mendy if offered him out for selling...

Big decision ahead for Pep what he makes of the LB position, sticking with Mendy/Zinch which does not look a clever option, bringing back Angelino and selling one of Mendy/Zinch, or selling Angelino, selling one of Mendy/Zinch and bring in a new one.

Have a feeling that 25m is more than what we would get for Mendy if offered him out for selling...

Big decision ahead for Pep what he makes of the LB position, sticking with Mendy/Zinch which does not look a clever option, bringing back Angelino and selling one of Mendy/Zinch, or selling Angelino, selling one of Mendy/Zinch and bring in a new one.

The last option of those three looks best. Keep Mendy, sell the other two and buy someone better. Must be some left backs available?

I don't think we'd get more for Mendy. He's a manager's nightmare; unreliable and, at times, unprofessional. The only teams that would want him are teams that would view him as a project that they could get back to his best. Issue is, at that price, it isn't a project, it's expectation not a gamble.

Seeing as Zinchenko was snubbed in favour of Cancelo (who played well at left back) in the last few games, I just dont see a future for young Zin. Think that mistake against Soton was the last straw.

He was given number of choices here but couldn't really impress. Certain players just aren't suited to certain teams IMO.
He'll be a decent when played in a back 5 or when he plays for a team where defenders don't have to too too much 1-1 defending.

Selling him for 30m and buying a replacement for similar amount who suits us more would be good business IMO. The LBs for Sevilla and Valencia are really highly rated and have always impressed me when I've watched them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.